3 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

No doubt feels threatened by the teenagers vastly superior IQ

Can you confirm or validate your comment with proof that Trumpet has refused to meet the sailing saviour?

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Can you confirm or validate your comment with proof that Trumpet has refused to meet the sailing saviour?

Is it not the other way round?  The wee quinie has declined to seek an audience with the President. If she had asked I doubt if she would have been allowed anywhere near him. Trump gets some things right.

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Of course he can't. But this way round suits his agenda so much better.

All I see is argumentum ad populum where the wisdom of the crowd has created an icon and elevated her to a level of importance she cannot possibly justify. It's the same "wisdom" that threatened to execute Gallileo and ridiculed Darwin. 

While it's only a deliberate inversion of the truth, the idea that Trump should consider meeting Thunberg for anything approaching a serious discussion is ludicrous. It might increase her profile and therefore the influence of her puppeteers but what studied interpretation of meteorology or hydrology is she going to lay before him. So much narcissism; so little sense.

@Uilleam - can you provide specific examples of misogyny on this thread?  

Also, you do realise Miles Davis beat up women on occasion (and I say that as someone who owns over thirty of his albums)?

Seems odd that a third wave feminist, of the extraordinary male variety, uses a known wife beater for his profile picture and yet comes from the Caroline Lucas school of perma-offendedness.

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

@Uilleam - can you provide specific examples of misogyny on this thread?  

Also, you do realise Miles Davis beat up women on occasion (and I say that as someone who owns over thirty of his albums)?

Seems odd that a third wave feminist, of the extraordinary male variety, uses a known wife beater for his profile picture and yet comes from the Caroline Lucas school of perma-offendedness.

Ouch!