4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Her gender was irrelevant to my comment about the feminisation of politics, regardless of your attempts to suggest otherwise.  

We'll have to agree to disagree about the increase in emotional involvement in politics and predominantly male/female traits.

Always interesting to have a chat with a male feminist though. 

It's not so much about me being a feminist, but calling out the absurdity of having a go at Uilleam when he has rightly called out the undertone of mysoginy in this thread from some, including yourself.  

It seems you're getting defensive about being called out, but we can agree to disagree if you like.

4 minutes ago, stewarty said:

mysoginy

You incorrectly stated I was being misogynistic specifically about Thunberg.

I stand by my point about the direction of modern politics and the reaction to Thunberg's activism is an example of it.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I stand by my point about the direction of modern politics and the reaction to Thunberg's activism is an example of it.

The tenderness of our members is a blessing upon us

Who actually, I mean genuinely, gets worked up about politicised shite like misogyny on a footie forum. I mean come on! Take a look at yourselves. This isn't right or clever.

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

Who actually, I mean genuinely, gets worked up about politicised shite like misogyny on a footie forum. I mean come on! Take a look at yourselves. This isn't right or clever.

Clearly you do because you seem to dislike being called out on it.  

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

So, do you think we would treat this differently if it had been little Sven Thunberg?

Nobody would be saying it is an example of the feminisation of politics and how emotion trumps reasoning... 

Whether it was intended or not, it was belittling to a young woman and to women generally.   

And they certainly wouldn't be calling them a "naive bintette". 

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Okey doke.  

14 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Clearly you do because you seem to dislike being called out on it.  

Dislike? Why would I dislike the attention. Quite the opposite really ?