6 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Nobody would be saying it is an example of the feminisation of politics and how emotion trumps reasoning... 

Whether it was intended or not, it was belittling to a young woman and to women generally.   

And they certainly wouldn't be calling them a "naive bintette". 

Aww you’re concerned. How nice.

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Nobody would be saying it is an example of the feminisation of politics and how emotion trumps reasoning... 

Sure.

Even though in the post that mentioned the feminisation of politics, I referred to her as a child and made no reference at all to her gender.

When a female colleague brings a baby into work, the majority of people crowding round are women.  Every single time.  The vast majority of people who work in childcare are women.  Women react differently to a child than men do (there are exceptions to every rule, of course).  I'm not suggesting men are better or women are worse due to these things.  I think both behaviours are good for a child to be around but it might be best if neither completely overcomes the other, particularly in the political context.

Edited by Gonzo79

34 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sure.

Even though in the post that mentioned the feminisation of politics, I referred to her as a child and made no reference at all to her gender.

When a female colleague brings a baby into work, the majority of people crowding round are women.  Every single time.  The vast majority of people who work in childcare are women.  Women react differently to a child than men do (there are exceptions to every rule, of course).  I'm not suggesting men are better or women are worse due to these things.  I think both behaviours are good for a child to be around but it might be best if neither completely overcomes the other, particularly in the political context.

Yours was the first post in response to BIll...  And the words you chose to use were suggesting that Thunberg was an example of the feminisation of politics... And your referencing of emotions was then used to expand on what you mean.     So sure it might not have been quite what you meant but it was a lazy choice of words and left you open to being pulled up on it. 

You also by omission failed to call out the "bintette" words to refer to a young woman who yourself seem to suggest needs to be protected.  And yes you did refer to gender and specifically some allegedly feminine traits in a negative manner.   Whether attributing directly to Thunberg, you cited her as an example.  

Really I'm surprised you keep digging a hole over this one. 

The terms 'double down' and 'calling out' are alien to me.  And a third wave male feminist's definition of misogyny is a tad simplistic and all-encompassing,

Edited by Gonzo79

4 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The terms 'double down' and 'calling out' are alien to me.  And a third wave male feminist's definition of misogyny is a tad simplistic and all-encompassing,

Nice attempt at deflection.

This morning on my way back from the hospital the wife took me into George square,  and there was a bunch of about 25  school children about 12 years old giving it laldy with megaphones about climate change shouting and bawling in my day it would have been six wacks with the belt the wife says that they now have the school  authorities blessing to behave like this I feel they would be much better off in class , but then again Iam  an oldie .