1 hour ago, compo said:

Looks like you might get to meet her someone on the council has proposed inviting her to the city  ,no doubt a nice hotel and all expenses paid for by the taxpayer. 

It would certainly present an excellent opportunity to demonstrate Scottish environmental credentials by flying Palestinian flags from public buildings and entertaining the Holy Child with an Irish republican march past. Perhaps the council might hang effigies of Rangers fans from street lights round George Square?

There's something very wrong about this whole Thunberg phenomenon. Perhaps the worst aspect is the exploitation of vulnerable children. That and the hysterical haste of politicians to become involved in it.

• 2 weeks later...

The BBC this morning. Drop everything, we’re going over to Oslo where the Nobel peace prize winner is about to be announce and Greta Thunberg is favourite to win. Fawning, drooling and virtue signalling reach hysterical levels, only to be cruelly dashed when an Ethiopian leader is foist upon us instead. Such was the bitter disappointment I almost felt sorry for them. No I didn’t. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see scientists have discovered an unknown type of beetle and have named it after the little planet saver it will be called Nelloptodes Gretae after her and it even has two antennae just like her pigtails,  .