Rangers hero Nacho Novo ‘attacked’

Rangers hero Nacho Novo ‘attacked’ in Glasgow’s SWG3 nightclub during STREETrave 30 event

NACHO Novo was attacked during a rave at a Glasgow night club tonight.

The ex-Rangers frontman, 40, was partying at the city's SWG3 when he was targeted by a yob inside.

The venue was hosting STREETrave 30's summer party when the assault took place.

A spokeswoman for SwG3 said the person responsible for the attack was "quickly ejected".

Pictures from earlier in the night showed Novo posing and smiling with fan's inside the club.

A source told the Scottish Sun the Light Blues hero, struck down by a heart attack last year, will not be pressing charges over the incident.

It comes just weeks after the 40-year-old took to Instagram to reveal the daily death threats he receives from trolls.

A vile message sent to the footie ace said: "How come your no in the ground yet ya chicken heaad.

"Wee rat b****** a f***ing hate u."

Sharing a screenshot of the threat, Novo said: "That's what I need to deal with every day."

A police spokesman confirmed officers were called to reports of an assault at SWG3 at 9.57pm tonight.

He added: "No further action will be taken."

Nacho Novo has been approached for comment.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4536152/rangers-nacho-novo-attacked-glasgow-nightclub-swg3-rave/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1564269371

Hope he's ok but why wouldn't he want to make a complaint and get the guy done? 

I'm sure there would've been plenty willing witnesses happy to give police a statement. 

I hope this isn't the start of something - idiots now wanting a pop at Novo because they know he won't make a complaint. 

Hopefully someone comes forward to make a complaint on Novo's behalf and the guy is traced and charged. Assaulting anyone just because of the team they support, the team they played for or their religion is vile. 

Edited by Gazza_8

Surely 40 year old's are allowed to go where they want without getting attacked! He may like the atmosphere and the music they play the there. It may just have been a random day out. My family from my late sisters marriage are all Celtic supporters and are fantastic people who would help you rather than hurt you. I know there are good people supporting Celtic who just love football, but there is certainly a part of their support that seems to have lost control and are virtually willing to punch, kick or probably even stick a knife into anything Rangers

16 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

It's actually an offence under section 5 of the Public order Act. Just because the police rarely act on it doesn't make it not an offence.

I’m grateful for the lecture but was he attacked in the sense any normal person would understand it ... or is this just waffle on a slow news days?

2 hours ago, pete said:

there is certainly a part of their support that seems to have lost control and are virtually willing to punch, kick or probably even stick a knife into anything Rangers

And what's that going to become if we take the title from them this season? Maybe I just don't look for them but I haven't seen any stories like this going in the opposite direction while that's at least twice Novo has been in a similar situation and Jack has been in more than one too.

2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

It's actually an offence under section 5 of the Public order Act. Just because the police rarely act on it doesn't make it not an offence.

Not up here it's not. 

I don't understand your comment the Police rarely act on it. If no one talks to them or information is held back from them what can they do?