[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Derby (Katic 83)

We are well worth our lead , big Waghorn playing like the player we had and sold , they have shown nothing really , I understand the reasons why the Championship is talked up but the football reality is a million miles away from that , and as type it should have been 2 .

• Frankie changed the title to [FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Derby (Katic 83)

Another useful workout but we need competitive games now.

Katic looks really good. It’s going to be tough picking our best central defence. Docherty shone, Kamara redeemed himself in the end. I liked the look of Polster in that role.

Full-time, 1-0.

Well--from what I saw of the second half, I thought we were much the better team. 

Kamara was good, Docherty was everywhere, Katic got stuck in, and Morelos was hungry. 

I thought Polster was good in that DM role -  we've not seen him there before.

How did Helander do? I missed the first half.

All in all we deserved that.

We perhaps weren't as fluid as we have been of late but we still worked hard and played some nice stuff to create by far the most chances.  Again only mediocre finishing and good goalkeeping stopped it being three or four.

A good work out and hopefully guys like Kamara and Docherty enjoyed the 90mins - the latter showing up well for most of the game.  I also liked the look of Helander and Polster in their cameos whilst Morelos and Halliday looked hungry when they came on.

Onwards to Luxembourg.

Glad to hear Docherty played well.  I have concerns about our wide men - Jones and Ojo don't seem to be much of an improvement on what we had.

I wonder what SG's preferred CB pairing is?  

I'd say from the preseason games, Candeias has been the best 'wide man' - if you want to call them that, which is not quite correct. 

Stewart looks classy. I think he'll be a good signing.

Jones and Ojo have shown flashes of what they can do, but not consistently. I think both will be useful this season.

Hastie looks like he'll be loaned; he looks short of what's required.

Arfield is still first choice for those positions, imo. 

Overall, a good victory and giving Gerrard plenty to think about in terms of his best combination in central defence and midfield.  Only disappointment was that neither Jones or Ojo made any great impression.