[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Derby (Katic 83)

Decent workout but it was a one friendly too many. The fans and team felt a wee bit flat and tbh the side were at best 70% at it. The big Swede looks fantastic and Katic was good beside him. Will be an interesting team selection on Thursday and next Sunday?

In agreement with al ot of the foregoing posts but must give ref a good mention as he could have produced cards of both colours but treated game as what it was A FRIENDLY. ask Tav if he felt that way?

I thought the first 30 minutes belonged to Derby, Huddleston is the biggest unit I think I have seen in a football strip. 

The remaining hour was ours, and some. It was one going on three or four. The best result and performance I have witnessed reference Rangers against a Derbyshire club.

For me, Katic and Edmundson have so far been our two best defenders, and i'd start them both on day one

2 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

Decent workout but it was a one friendly too many. The fans and team felt a wee bit flat and tbh the side were at best 70% at it. The big Swede looks fantastic and Katic was good beside him. Will be an interesting team selection on Thursday and next Sunday?

Throw Edmundson into the equation ,and i think Goldson may find that he is featuring less this season .

16 hours ago, Rousseau said:

How did Helander do? I missed the first half

I'm watching it bit by bit on RTV and have only reached the 70th minute so far. Helander had next to nothing to do but my first impression is that he's more of an old fashioned centre back, good at defending but would prefer not to be on the ball too much.

Edited by DMAA

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

I'm watching it bit by bit on RTV and have only reached the 70th minute so far. Helander had next to nothing to do but my first impression is that he's more of an old fashioned centre back, good at defending but would prefer not to be on the ball too much.

Unless it's a half-volley. ?

We were largely dominant against a top Championship side playing their last pre season game so have to be deemed pretty much up to speed. The heroics of the Derby goalkeeper was all that stood between them and a high scoring loss and as has already been mentioned we will face very little anywhere near their quality in the SPL.

It’s all very encouraging but I will be vastly more encouraged if we turn in a dominant and winning opening performance at Killie next week. I truly feel if we can cut out the habit of needlessly dropping points to also rans that it’s on this season.