Betfred Cup: Livingston vs Rangers

On 29/07/2019 at 10:15, Gazza_8 said:

So it would appear the Motherwell Hearts game is being shown on BT Sport on Friday 16th August and the Rangers game has been moved to Sunday 18th for TV purposes. 

Where did you hear this @Gazza_8

Been searching for ko time and there is nothing on SPFL site, Rangers site, BT Sport site or on their twitter account. Any help appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Where did you hear this @Gazza_8

Been searching for ko time and there is nothing on SPFL site, Rangers site, BT Sport site or on their twitter account. Any help appreciated!

The SPFL proposed the dates and asked for Police opinion. I'm just waiting on the SPFL coming back to me with the confirmed dates so I can begin planning and resourcing the Motherwell Hearts game. 

1 hour ago, Briton said:

That really gets my goat.  The tail wagging the dog.

The Police have little or no impact when it comes decisions like this. 

Edited by Gazza_8

2 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

Police opinion was sent back opposing the game being played on that date and the SPFL replied confirming the date anyway. Police opinion isn't considered that often. 

The police are always telling us when and where events can be staged.  It's amazing that back in the late 50's Rangers were at home to Milan on a Wednesday night and Celtic also had a home European game, over 150,000  attended the matches.  Unimaginable now.

9 minutes ago, Briton said:

The police are always telling us when and where events can be staged.  It's amazing that back in the late 50's Rangers were at home to Milan on a Wednesday night and Celtic also had a home European game, over 150,000  attended the matches.  Unimaginable now.

The final say has nothing to do with the Police. Like I said, they are asked for their opinion and then the council take that on board when making their final decision.

4 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

The final say has nothing to do with the Police. Like I said, they are asked for their opinion and then the council take that on board when making their final decision.

I'm talking nationally; in realty the people who have the final say don't go against police 'advice'.