Club1872 update on BBC

I wonder when, if ever, Rangers and its support will move from describing the landscape to finding a way across it?

Correct me if I'm missing something but, as far as I can see, things are no better and probably even worse than they were two years ago. The BBC looks fully committed to its current relationship with Rangers. Discussion of the issue remains hidden within the confines of the Rangers community and essentially invisible to the rest of society.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't advocate Rangers should back down in any way at all but for all the torrent of words devoted to documenting the BBC's obvious bias, not a single thing has or is likely to change as a result. If we want  the BBC to adopt a different attitude then perhaps we first need to do so too.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I wonder when, if ever, Rangers and its support will move from describing the landscape to finding a way across it?

Correct me if I'm missing something but, as far as I can see, things are no better and probably even worse than they were two years ago. The BBC looks fully committed to its current relationship with Rangers. Discussion of the issue remains hidden within the confines of the Rangers community and essentially invisible to the rest of society.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't advocate Rangers should back down in any way at all but for all the torrent of words devoted to documenting the BBC's obvious bias, not a single thing has or is likely to change as a result. If we want  the BBC to adopt a different attitude then perhaps we first need to do so too.

I get your point Bill, but perhaps the other approach is just to ignore them.  If we cut off the oxygen to these reporters, it would make our lives better and I'm yet to be convinced that they have any affect on us really anyway.  The one thing we'd do need to address is the trial by sportscene issue which is evident.

20 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I get your point Bill, but perhaps the other approach is just to ignore them.  If we cut off the oxygen to these reporters, it would make our lives better and I'm yet to be convinced that they have any affect on us really anyway.  The one thing we'd do need to address is the trial by sportscene issue which is evident.

Reputationally there must be an affect. As an example, discussing our chants across multiple medias as headline news, day after day. Using very pointed and particular language. Whilst ignoring the same from Celtic. And worse with their ongoing CSA scandal, which I dont know if they've even mentioned yet?

One item that stands out to me was the no to newco stuff. Where mclaughlin and co would interview a different support every day over 2 weeks and announce that some no-mark fan group or other had voted against us remaining in the SPL. This stuff built the narrative and enabled the governing body to take certain actions (which no other FA would pursue or allow). Similar tactics to the trial by sportscene. 

Bigger picture, this stuff may being driving from elsewhere. It doesn't look like the key players are bothered about any damage to the BBC either, through their actions. Which may be part of the plan.