[FT] Progrès 0 - 0 Rangers

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Progrès 0 - 0 Rangers

Well that's 45 minutes of my life I wish I had spent doing something else.  This is barely a training session for us.

I know Progres are packing the midfield but we could play through them quicker.  We started to do that in the last 10 minutes.  Before that I felt we hadn't even got into second gear.

Not overly impressed with us.  We've been OK on the ball but we're far too fussy in attacking areas, taking too many touches and usually, the wrong option too.  Arfield and Defoe haven't got into the game at all.  

Meanwhile we've again been slack a few times defensively and you could argue Progres look more dangerous due to us being left man for man too often.

On the positive side, Aribo and Jack are again the best two players on the pitch and we just need more from others - especially Tav and Barisic to help stretch the game and create space.  One goal is all we need to put this to bed!

Deja vu.. 0-0 at half time. Against anybody else I’d feel comfortable but.. we badly need to step up a gear. The pitch is terrible, but even worse is Stephen Craigan’s commentary! Giving us a full preview of who we’re playing next.. we’re not through yet, & a very very similar game to 2 years ago. Possibly not as many Gers fans this time though.

It took until the 35th minute before we forced their keeper into a save. The only time we worked their keeper in the entire 45 minutes. We are not getting in behind Progres, we are playing in front of them. I suspect the surface is not the best; however, surely we can move the ball quicker, particularly when moving between their lines?

Barisic has been cautioned, been involved in another couple of minor incidents since. Prudent management would suggest we substitute him before a situation is manufactured.

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

It took until the 35th minute before we forced their keeper into a save. The only time we worked their keeper in the entire 45 minutes. We are not getting in behind Progres, we are playing in front of them. I suspect the surface is not the best; however, surely we can move the ball quicker, particularly when moving between their lines?

Barisic has been cautioned, been involved in another couple of minor incidents since. Prudent management would suggest we substitute him before a situation is manufactured.

He was very unlucky to be booked and the same at the second foul he made but generally he's been woeful and caught out of position once too often for me as well.

Would happily see Halliday for the second period.

• Frankie changed the title to Progrès 0 - 0 Rangers