[FT] Progrès 0 - 0 Rangers

I didn’t think our performance tonight was that bad but we really must start converting much more of the chances created.

We had 3 or 4 easy chances in the last 20 minutes but couldn’t take any of them. 

We won’t get away with that sort of extravagance against better sides

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I didn’t think our performance tonight was that bad but we really must start converting much more of the chances created.

We had 3 or 4 easy chances in the last 20 minutes but couldn’t take any of them. 

We won’t get away with that sort of extravagance against better sides

It's as if no one wants to be the player who puts the ball in the net. The urgency to pass to someone else when a shot at goal is possible is holding us back.

On the plus side (and its a very big plus) we seem to have learned how to defend for the majority of games.

19 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’m annoyed about the lost coefficient half point or whatever it was...

Yes it's two points for a win and a point for a draw but it's halved in the qualifiers; if we won, as we should have, we'd have gotten an extra half point. You also get a point for progressing.

28 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's as if no one wants to be the player who puts the ball in the net. The urgency to pass to someone else when a shot at goal is possible is holding us back.

On the plus side (and its a very big plus) we seem to have learned how to defend for the majority of games.

I strongly believe we’re better defensively when Katic plays.

Genuinely wonder about Helmand. The fee seemed inexplicably low for a current Swedish international CB

Probably looked a bit nervous tonight, especially Jack & Tavernier who must have been having flashbacks to 2 years ago. Arfield is no left winger & Kamara looked like Steven Davis’ understudy. Progres were there for the taking, especially with a keeper who thinks he is Barthez with hair, but I felt we were never really going for it. Just like 2 years ago. But the spine of our defence has improved, we now have a manager who understands tactics & at least tonight the travelling fans can enjoy themselves in Luxembourg city!

10 hours ago, Frankie said:

Ojo has quality but is very, very raw

I think this is pretty harsh. Your job in that position is to provide clear cut chances for the striker. Once the game opened up a bit Ojo could have had 2 fantastic self made assists but for two last ditch goal-line clearances, and probably a bit of lazy positioning and finishing from Morelos, both should have been goals. His right foot is very poor and can make him look raw but all in all I think Ojo was one of our better performers and has solidified his place as a starter. 

Edited by DMAA

Ojo has good feet and he's quick but his footballing brain needs work.  He constantly runs into players and holds on to the ball too long.  

The amount of times he had a great opportunity to put a player through on goal and didn't was very frustrating to watch.