The most competitive league in the world up and running and throwing up some interesting results.

Sheff Wed were my tip for promotion prior to Steve Bruce leaving and they have started well.

Good result for WBA away at Forest, I hope Bilic does well, I liked him at West Ham.

Hope Leeds react to last seasons play off disappointment.

I had no idea Bilic was named manager at WBA and only found out Cocu was the Derby manager when we played them a week or so ago. 

I've always had a soft spot for Sheff Wed so I'd like to see them have a good go at it. Other than that, I'm not that fussed. 

Two thirds of the possession 14 shots 10 on target against 5 shots with 3 on target for Kilmarnock. Three points in the bag from a traditionally difficult venue.  I still feel they’re going to gel and hand out a number of thrashings hopefully starting with hubz who richly deserve it.

Edited by JFK-1

I wouldn’t argue that it is a very competitive league, but if there was such a thing as a ratio between quality of football against money spent, it is probably the worst league in the world. I’m watching Hud v Derby tonight and it’s awful. Both defences are poor, midfield is a brutal battle and forwards are not worth the money paid. 

These are 2 of the best teams in that league as well.

The English Championship has the merit of being competitive ... and not a whole lot else. It's generally frenetic, overly physical and definitely not for the football purist. As a reflection of the money spent it's a poor offering, too much financial pressure at both ends of the table for any worthwhile football to break out.

Very hard to say. The team would have to get used to being attacked away from home instead of facing packed defences. Rangers were apparently better than both Derby and Blackburn for a narrow victory and a draw both at home. 

I take a guess at  just above mid table at best for a year or so.

1 hour ago, compo said:

Just a hypothetical question , how would Rangers do in the English championship 

Easy top 6 to start with and Id say winnable. Yet being realistic and throwing us in to a 46 game marathon with tough away trips it wouldnt be a walk in the park.

• 3 weeks later...

Sheff Wed back on top, good start for the owls.

Couple of good games tonight. Charlton v Forest, Cardiff v Huddersfield is big.

Must say I dont might seeing Stoke lurching at the bottom of the table.