[FT] Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 16; Goldson 90+1)

Not if they ran on the pitch it's not. Fans know fine well they are not allowed to leave the stand, there is absolutely no excuse for dozens of fans to go spilling onto the pitchside out of the stand. If some fans cant control themselves when we score a goal, they shouldnt attend. 

40 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Not if they ran on the pitch it's not. Fans know fine well they are not allowed to leave the stand, there is absolutely no excuse for dozens of fans to go spilling onto the pitchside out of the stand. If some fans cant control themselves when we score a goal, they shouldnt attend. 

Completely agree with you.  Its also going to cost us a lot to pay for the damage they did.  No one gets more emotional than me when we score (especially last minute winners) but there's no excuse to do this.  Stupid, and just gives our enemies the ammo they are looking for.  I hope the club identifies all culprits and treats them accordingly.  Life bans is a good start, but perhaps also fines to pay for the damage.

Really p****d off on twitter today, all I see is Rangers fans trying to blame Kilmarnock or somehow pointing out that invading the pitch isn’t as bad as child abuse. By that logic any behaviour short of murder would be acceptable!

Those 2 or 3 guys on the disabled roof deserve a lifetime ban & possible police action imo, pitch invaders maybe a year. 

If anything completely sums up Twitter though, its folk making excuses for behaviour from their ‘side’ while feigning complete outrage & calling for action when the other ‘side’ do the exact same thing. And not just football fans, but also politics, etc..

Statement from Club 1872.

Shows you how many f*&ks Club 1872 and those who pull their strings give about the wheelchair fans.

Club 1872 Statement on Kilmarnock FC Safety Issues

Dear Member,

Club 1872 has received multiple eye witness reports from supporters trapped outside Rugby Park prior to, and following, kickoff in yesterday’s Kilmarnock vs Rangers game.These reports describe crushing, supporters fainting and actions from both stewards and police that made the situation worse.

We note the comments of Kilmarnock director, Phyllis McLeish who has claimed that the unsafe situation outside the ground was the result of searches and fans’ impatience. Ms McLeish’s comments are simply not true and appear to be a deliberate attempt to shift the blame for the breakdown of Kilmarnock's new ticketing system. We have reports of fans waiting up to 45 mins to enter the ground. The delays were a direct result of this new ticketing system, which failed and put Rangers supporters in danger.

We are aware of a video which appears to show Rangers supporters opening an access gate in response to pleas from supporters further back in the crowd. This has been characterised negatively by various media outlets including the Daily Record and BBC Scotland journalists. Having watched and listened to the video in question, there is genuine concern from distressed supporters that there is a dangerous situation building up in the crowd and that this gate should be opened to relieve pressure. This concern matches the eye witness accounts, from those further back in the crowd, which we have described above. The situation would never have arisen if the ticketing entry system at Rugby Park had been working properly.

As usual, there has been a rush from certain elements of the press to blame Rangers supporters for this incident. We would remind them, Ms McLeish and others that it is the responsibility of Kilmarnock FC and their directors to ensure that visiting supporters are safe. It is quite clear that the ticketing entry arrangements were not fit for purpose and that this created an unnecessary situation at the turnstiles which placed Rangers supporters in danger.

We will be submitting the reports we have received to Rangers and urging them to ensure that Kilmarnock FC and their directors make proper arrangements in future and that they are held to account for the shambolic and unsafe situation prior to kickoff. It was Kilmarnock FC's responsibility to make suitable safety and ticketing arrangements - it is absolutely clear they did not.

We will liaise with Rangers on this and on events inside the ground and work with them to ensure that Kilmarnock properly address these safety issues ahead of any future visits to Rugby Park.

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

I think it's been mentioned on here by some that even Rangers disabled facilities are quite poor, I just seen a view from that shed where they were put at Kilmarnock and it's woeful, no fan should be treated like that, never mind disabled fans.

I personally don't think these fans should be banned for life, some games yes and warned for future behavior but not a lifetime ban.

I'm not defending them it was their fault and should be punished and thankfully no one was badly injured but they didn't mean it come on, lots of fans didn't get in until half time, hassled by stewards and police outside as their ticket system failed,  emotions were running high, first league game of the season, maybe put some alcohol into the mix with a last minute goal minutes after you think 3 points are gone, these things happen, fans do daft things in the heat of the moment, I'm sure they regret it now!

On 04/08/2019 at 14:20, Frankie said:

Have to say I'm not happy with that performance, especially after we scored.

We're far, far too ponderous on the ball and our decision-making is dreadful at times meaning we're constantly giving the ball away or running down blind allies.  Tav is also having a nightmare whilst Arfield and Aribo aren't in the game at all.

All in all, I appreciate Killie are sitting very deep but we need to move the ball quicker and play with a lot more intelligence.  Thankfully we've been reasonably assured at the back but KIllie do carry a threat on the counter.

Like deja vu from last season Frankie, inabiliy to keep a clean sheet and lacking inspiration in the final 3rd time, sorry to sound negtive folks, but thats the way I saw it.

Edited by D'Artagnan

There were similarities to last season which hopefully will be resolved as we gel and settle to a more stable line up. But another difference is how many of us last season would have been expecting them to pull it out of the fire after such a late blow. 

It was a fabulous goal that began with a Tavernier run from inside our half and I expect to see more such quality play and more often as they settle and gel.

Edited by JFK-1