• Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Scott Arfield
    • Alfredo Morelos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/19 at 05:40

9 hours ago, Bill said:

This might be something that's been tried in the past but would it be possible to run a MOTM poll for (say) 24 hours after every game. It would be interesting to see which players consistently emerge as top performers over the course of a season.

Your wish is my command (poll now added).

FWIW, you should be able to create polls yourself.

• Frankie changed the title to Poll: Your Man of the Match v Kilmarnock

I would have voted Jack but due to the changes I've opined about over in the match thread he wasn't effective at all in the second half.  I suspect that if we'd sort out our shape properly, Jack may well be man of the match most weeks.  There's something different about him now.  He's much more confident and obviously sees himself as an attacking midfielder which he appears to be well suited to.  He also has been given the confidence and licence to make direct passes and take more shots which makes him more unpredictable and effective.  He's someone that has gone under the radar but I suspect that won't be for long.

p.s. I voted Alfie because I love seeing him in that form, bossing defenders and causing chaos in their ranks.

Very difficult to pick a MoTM but I've went for Goldson simply because of the desire he showed to win us the game.

I thought Jack was good in the first half but ineffective thereafter.  Katic played fine over the piece, Aribo and Tav came good late on whilst Morelos worked hard for little reward.  Rest of the team were far too passive.

Jack for me, never stopped trying and covered a lot of ground, not a great performance by anyone really, job done though, we got the better of head to head matches v's Separate Entity FC last season and these were the matches we dropped points in, great 3pts to start the season with room for improvement 

I too was impressed with Jack's composure in the first 30 minutes but the game went flat and his influence fell away, as did Davis.   Second half I thought Jack showed glimpses of his first half form and covered a lot of ground.  But its Goldson for me - a matching winning effort at the end to get free in the box and a great header which the keeper barely had a chance to react to, despite it being so close to him.

Edited by stewarty

Been watching the winning goal countless times now. It's such a brilliant piece of overall play starting back in our own half when Tavernier begins a run that leads to the corner then Goldson put's it in. And the more I watched the more impressed I was with not just the play but the header.

He was being wrestled and held all the time that ball was coming over and still put the perfect connection on it for a bullet of a header.