[FT] FC Midtjylland 2 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 43; Aribo 52; Katic 56; Arfield 70)

It didn't actually come as a great surprise to me that we ended up scoring 4 even against what was rated to be a very useful outfit whose greatest strength was reputedly in defence. During pre-season I formed an opinion that this was the makings of a very good side in SPL terms and a decent enough side in Euro terms.

I was more surprised at conceding 2 than I was at scoring 4. Hopefully the defence improves but still, I will take it every week if we continue scoring more than we concede. 

57 minutes ago, 917 said:

What a day - my wife gave birth to our 2nd baby daughter, baby Charlotte fought back from the brink & then the Gers get one of their best ever European results! Time for a lie down now though..

Well done to you and Mrs 917. Another wee Bearette about to flourish.

5 hours ago, ian1964 said:

That was a great piece of fast counter attacking play that could happen to any team who try to push forward against us.  There is a possibility that by the end of this season Aribo can be as valuable an asset as Morelos price tag wise.

If we make the groups there will be better quality opposition there who will indeed open up and come at us giving Aribo the opportunity to pull off runs like that again. He was about 70 yards from goal when the move began and he simply motored past almost their entire team before executing a tricky but still perfect  finish with the composure you might expect of a veteran.  

7 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Have we not learned our lesson??? We signed Barasic and Grezda because they played well against us in Europe. One is out the door and one is arguably 3rd choice left back

Wasn’t intended as a serious let’s go sign him comment, I only saw parts of the game!

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That was a great piece of fast counter attacking play that could happen to any team who try to push forward against us.  There is a possibility that by the end of this season Aribo can be as valuable an asset as Morelos price tag wise.

If we make the groups there will be better quality opposition there who will indeed open up and come at us giving Aribo the opportunity to pull off runs like that again. He was about 70 yards from goal when the move began and he simply motored past almost their entire team before executing a tricky but still perfect  finish with the composure you might expect of a veteran.  

Aribo's first touch was so important as was the weight of Jones's pass....superb.

I was boarding a flight at about 7:15 so had to miss most of the game, but I kept the game on my phone until they told us to switch our phones to airplane mode. That’s when I noticed the guy in front of me was watching the game on his phone too, and carried on for 5 minutes after they told us to put airplane mode on, I watched the game on his phone for that time. Then I saw him switching to see the stats for the game on a website and finally stopped when we were taking off. I thought this guy is a big fan and is as gutted as I am to be missing the game. As I expected, the second we landed he whipped out his phone to check the score and then started texting in WhatsApp groups. It was when he was switching apps that I couldn’t help but notice a strangely green and white wallpaper for someone I thought was a Rangers fan. These people are not. normal.  

Edited by DMAA

Stunnnin result - Jordan Jones gave us a directness which I feel has been missing in the final third.

Just need to tighten up those defensive lapses,  I think havin  regular back 4 woul go soe way to facilitating this. Given the gleaming praise Flanno recived from the manager he may well have staked his claim for the shirt.

That's the kind of game where Jones will be very useful.  When up against a parked bus (ie most league matches), not so much.

Great win last night but let's not get ahead of ourselves.