[FT] Rangers 6 - 1 Hibernian (Defoe 9, 15, 75; Morelos 78, 89; Ojo 90+2)

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

For the record, Jones is proving me, and a lot of other fans, wrong. I wasn't overly excited by his signing, he still has a lot to do, but so far so good, I love it when a player proves me wrong by his performances. Must keep up his good start to the season.

Yes I'm always happy to be made to look a fool after I've criticised a Rangers player.  I thought Jones looked very predictable  but these last couple of games he has been terrific.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Great to see Ojo finally win over some fans too. He was quality and it was always going to be a matter of time before it started to show. And we finally have attacking midfielders who are left footed and cutting in from the right (Stewart too) with Tavernier overlapping. We often looked a bit to rigid and traditional with Candeias on the right, he occupied the same space as Tavernier. 

I don't think there has been any doubt about the quality of Ojo's footballing ability; it's his decision making that's looked the issue for me.  Yesterday he looked much sharper, particularly first half, and I think I few other players are stealing his thunder from yesterday's game where he was involved in at least three of the goals. 

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I would agree with that but a couple of dubious bookings relatively early raised a little concern for me and i'm not implying Beaton was doing anything suspect. I don't go for any of the refereeing conspiracy or even persistent bias against one team or another. They're just idiots and at worst perhaps on some level are possibly playing to an audience.

Somebody who couldn't make it to be a famous professional footballer and from time to time maybe especially so in high profile games feel an irresistible urge to milk a moment of fame/infamy.

But anyway. Following the booking of Ojo on 12 minutes then even more so Katic just 5 minutes later I had real concerns which is what I meant by he didn't do us any favours. And I say even more so regarding Katic since he's a tough nut and a defender who we might expect to get involved in some rough and tumble both at the back and front during corners etc.

After that booking there was a spell lasting way into the second half I just couldn't get it out of my mind that we had 2 players on a yellow early and the worst would happen again. We would be the ones to get a red card as has happened so many times before in key games just last season alone.

Though I could clearly see we were massively superior to them in every way I was on edge from the 17th minute booking of Katic till the 77th minute when Morelos made it 4-1. At 4-1 I knew it was over even if we did get a red card. In fact even if it had happened at that stage I would still have been expecting them to score more goals. That superior.

Having had a look around some opposition forums like hibs and the yahoos the hibs view and the yahoo one for that matter are contradictory. The hibs view is that Beaton screwed them over, as usual, and favoured Rangers big time. As he always does of course.

spacer.png

On top of Beaton screwing them over Heckingbottom is useless and all he had to do was 'have a go' which is apparently exactly what Heckingbottom did even according to Steven Gerrard who commended him for it but their fans didn't notice the 'having a go'

Don't you just love that 'have a go' strategy? That's the sheep cry about McInnes too.  Barcelona? So what just need to have a go to horse them.

But presumably if their team spends a lot of time pinned back while 14 corners are conceded and 34 shots rain in on their goal I suppose they actually might not notice that they are having a go if they can but for much of the time it just wasn't possible.

They concede Rangers are better than last season but then contradict themselves by stating but they're still shite and they should still be beating them at Ibrox. A team that finished last season 24 points ahead of them with a GD of +55 to their +12.

And the multi million pound upgrade to the team? Gerrard is a donkey, he buys donkeys. Having a go is the answer. Wish we had known that before we spent those multi millions. 

Katic’s booking was fully deserved.  Ojo’s not so much.

12 minutes ago, craig said:

Katic’s booking was fully deserved.  Ojo’s not so much.

The referee had no choice but to book Katic; as obvious a yellow as you'll see.  I'm surprised anybody would criticise the ref over that one.

1 hour ago, Briton said:

The referee had no choice but to book Katic; as obvious a yellow as you'll see.  I'm surprised anybody would criticise the ref over that one.

I'd agree, but he showed inconsistency by not booking a similar challenge on Ojo (?) a few minutes later.

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Haha, that beardie idiot was good entertainment near the end of the game yesterday.

His language and behaviour constitutes a breach of the peace,  he should have been huckled.