• Jon Flanagan
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Jordan Jones
    • Jermain Defoe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/08/19 at 06:58

Defoe, Jones and Morelos could have won it.  Aribo and Davis were up there too, however Jack is beginning to show that's he's thenguy to make us tick.  I've said it before but something has happened in his psyche and it's changed him.  I don't know if it's Gerrard giving him confidence, or the coaching team, or just a self triggered thought, but he is absolute class these days.  He just acts like a completely different player and I'm loving watching him.

I've noticed that he carries himself differently when he comes on the pitch too.  It's almost as if he really believes that he's a winner now.  It's hard to explain but if you watch him when the teams are lined up you'll see what I mean.

The manager:

“In terms of numbers, we are in a decent place. Steven Davis’ performance was outstanding. If you take Jermain’s hat-trick away, he was probably our best player. Ryan Jack again was solid and consistent, and what a start to a career Joe Aribo has had.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gerrard-ruthless-and-emphatic/

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

He just acts like a completely different player and I'm loving watching him.

Jack was getting slaughtered at times last season but the quality of player he's playing alongside is so much higher than last season, he must be loving it. Aribo and Davis are both class and he must be really enjoying playing with them. Sorry to the Candeias fanboys but I think it helps to have the movement of Ojo/Arfield in front of him too rather than a sideway pass to the right. 

Edited by DMAA

Defoe for me, composed finishing got us in the lead and that allowed us the platform to control the game.   Jack was excellent, as were Davis and Jones.  

Its a great Monday when you're purring about such a good performance and having put the spoon burners firmly in their place.

I voted for Defoe because goals win games and he took all three very well. His all round play was brilliant as usual too and you can't underestimate how much he helps our attacks with his link up play and passing.