Super Cup. Liverpool v Chelsea

Probably a game both could do without. But the winners of the worst CL final ever against the winners of the worst Europa Cup final ever. Both games were appalling. The pressure on Frank Lampard already after the 4-0 defeat.

5 hours ago, Gribz said:

Probably a game both could do without. But the winners of the worst CL final ever against the winners of the worst Europa Cup final ever. Both games were appalling. The pressure on Frank Lampard already after the 4-0 defeat.

Not sure the Europa was that bad. Yes the location was awful, but there were 5 goals,  2 good goals by Hazard and Iwobi, a penalty and some good saves. There have been plenty of boring 0-0 Europa/Uefa cup finals.

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Pointless exercise. The two league games should have been designated additionally as home and away legs of the Final.

Yes, i'd go along with that, but when does Uefa ever think of either the fans, or the schedules of the teams - I'ts all about it's own prestige. 

Pointless or not have a bet 

Liverpool8/13

Chelsea 10/3

draw 13/5 

1-0, 2-0 , 2-1 , you can have 6/1 Liverpool 

1-0 , 2-0 , 2-1 , Chelsea you can have 9/1 , 20/1 , 12/1

Good luck if you have a wager . 

The worst ever CL Final for me was at Old Trafford back in 02/03. Milan and Juve played out the dullest of dull matches. It was awful. I cant even remember who won on penalties. 

I see a lot is being made of the female referee and the female assistants who have been picked to officiate. I doubt the players give a fuck in all honesty, just like the match itself. 

On 13/08/2019 at 10:06, Gribz said:

You obviously never saw any CL final in the early 1990s..!

Red Star Belgrade v Marseille in 1991. Both teams full of world class players, yet somehow produced not just the worst CL final, but actually the worst game of football in any competition in history! Never surpassed..

Really enjoyed the match last night, both teams had good spells and played at a very high tempo throughout.

EDIT> Thought the women officials all had good games and got most thing right except the penalty decision which even VAR got wrong.

Edited by onevision