FC Cludgie 3 FC Cluj 4.

This is disastrous for Celtic and a massive boost for us, assuming we can do the business ourselves tomorrow. The best part of £50 million that they could have had from CL qualification in 2018 and 2019 just evaporated instead of being a massive insurance policy for securing them 10 in a row. The £25m from Tierney is gone for sure, just like the cash from Dembele disappeared to pay their wage bill last season. Lets see how they do against us now when the odds are more even. 

I think we will start to see the difference between Rodgers and Lennon being at the helm. Rodgers got skelped continuously in Europe but the fans were willing to give him slack because he was a "top drawer" manager. You get the impression that wee Lenny is a few games away from them jumping down his throat. Happy days

5 hours ago, Gribz said:

I knew the Lennon appointment was a masterstroke.

Its not just the finances this helps close gaps, if they end up playing Thursday / Sunday also then it helps with our chances of the league. Playing Saturday is a bonus.

Only downside to that is that they may not make the group Europa stages: they have to play AIK Gothenburg I imagine and I wouldn't bet on them getting through. If that happens, we are the ones with a handicap of playing on the Thursday night.

Just now, alexscottislegend said:

Only downside to that is that they may not make the group Europa stages: they have to play AIK Gothenburg I imagine and I wouldn't bet on them getting through. If that happens, we are the ones with a handicap of playing on the Thursday night.

I thought the same last night tbh. Might be the first time I wouldn't mind them winning if it means them having the same schedule as us (If we make it, of course)