Challenge Cup draw: Ballymena Utd v Rangers Colts

The 3rd round draw for the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup has been made, and Rangers Colts are to visit Ballymena United on the 7th/8th September.

In my professional life I had cause to visit Ballymena Library, some thirty-odd years past. I remember they had a small Periodicals section dominated by copies of Tractor Monthly. Any Gersnetters intending to enjoy the trip, be prepared for the throbbing purrs of tantalising Tractors.  

3 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Ballymena hi! 

We should receive a good welcome there and of course NI football is doing okay currently, champions Linfield went through to the next qualifying round of the Champions League last night. To be fair they were 3-2 up at home with 7 minutes to go, only a pub team would throwaway a lead from there. 

You are the very man to make the trip.

Ensure you carry spare copies of Western Isles Tractor Quarterly, blow their minds.

22 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The 3rd round draw for the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup has been made, and Rangers Colts are to visit Ballymena United on the 7th/8th September.

In my professional life I had cause to visit Ballymena Library, some thirty-odd years past. I remember they had a small Periodicals section dominated by copies of Tractor Monthly. Any Gersnetters intending to enjoy the trip, be prepared for the throbbing purrs of tantalising Tractors.  

You weren't in Ballymena, you were in Novosibirsk.

• Frankie changed the title to Challenge Cup draw: Ballymena v Rangers Colts
  • Frankie changed the title to Challenge Cup draw: Ballymena Utd v Rangers Colts
1 minute ago, stewarty said:

I hope you promptly threw one in to compensate!

Not at all!  It was a semi-final and we won 1-0...

Unfortunately, we got beat in the final at Coleraine Showgrounds 2-0 by Norwich City and those were the only two goals I conceded in the tournie... :(

47 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

You are the very man to make the trip.

Ensure you carry spare copies of Western Isles Tractor Quarterly, blow their minds.

There are no 'spare' copies of that esteemed publication, every single one is coveted. 

I knew a guy from Ballymoney, just a wee bit up the road, who attended revivals in Stornoway back in the day. 

This is the best Ballymena side in a long time, they should be too strong for our youngsters. I'd love to go, but it won't happen. I did see Rangers play Crusaders and Ballyclare back in the 90s.

53 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Not at all!  It was a semi-final and we won 1-0...

Unfortunately, we got beat in the final at Coleraine Showgrounds 2-0 by Norwich City and those were the only two goals I conceded in the tournie... :(

Karma i say karma....