• Connor Goldson
    • Jon Flanagan
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Glen Kamara
    • Scott Arfield
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Alfredo Morelos

For me it was Connor Goldson last night.

He absolutely strolled through the game and was terrific at the back.  Sure, like any player he had one or two dodgy moments but, for me, he dominated at the back and was also superb on the ball once again.

Ojo and Jack were also first class but the attacker tired badly after half-time and with Jack also going off, Goldson deserves the award for another top class 90mins.

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

For me it was Connor Goldson last night.

He absolutely strolled through the game and was terrific at the back.  Sure, like any player he had one or two dodgy moments but, for me, he dominated at the back and was also superb on the ball once again.

Ojo and Jack were also first class but the attacker tired badly after half-time and with Jack also going off, Goldson deserves the award for another top class 90mins.

I went for Goldson too.  I also think he was immense last night and seemed to grow in stature.  One thing I'd like to see more of is his verbal leadership.  I was so pleased to hear Gerrard talk in his reaction interview about the need for the more experienced players to guide the others during stages of the match.  Goldson and Davis need to be more vocal with those around them.  Katic, Kamara, and Ojo could have been guided a bit more last night as a few times they were being dragged out of position by their very clever attacking players.  That's when our more experienced guys need to be heard.

While we are on the subject of their players, it has to be said that at least 3 of their players were excellent against us.  I thought Sory Kaby (?) and Evander in particular looked superb.  Some of the skill they have is top drawer and it deserves a mention.  I thought our defence handled them really well and I doubt we will have more skilful attackers to deal with in our domestic league.

15 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I went for Goldson too.  I also think he was immense last night and seemed to grow in stature.  One thing I'd like to see more of is his verbal leadership.  I was so pleased to hear Gerrard talk in his reaction interview about the need for the more experienced players to guide the others during stages of the match.  Goldson and Davis need to be more vocal with those around them.  Katic, Kamara, and Ojo could have been guided a bit more last night as a few times they were being dragged out of position by their very clever attacking players.  That's when our more experienced guys need to be heard.

While we are on the subject of their players, it has to be said that at least 3 of their players were excellent against us.  I thought Sory Kaby (?) and Evander in particular looked superb.  Some of the skill they have is top drawer and it deserves a mention.  I thought our defence handled them really well and I doubt we will have more skilful attackers to deal with in our domestic league.

I wasn't at the game last night but usually you can hear Goldson shouting during matches and he is very vocal so I'm not overly worried about that.

Agree about Kaby and Evander.  Both are raw but definitely lots of potential.

Ojo for me was a thorn in the sides of defenders all night and 2 assists and a goal makes it hard for me to see past him. The referee could have given him a number of fouls that he strangely chose to play on. I actually thought Jack was not as good as normal. Certainly not bad!  Just a notch below his normal standard. As I said in another thread, Davis can be fantastic but also frustrating at times when he slows the game down when there are better options available. If we lose Morelos in this transfer window i would head direct to Denmark and sign Sory Kaby. I think he would score for fun in our team and he links play very good as well

1 hour ago, pete said:

If we lose Morelos in this transfer window i would head direct to Denmark and sign Sory Kaby. I think he would score for fun in our team and he links play very good as well

Given he's just signed for Midtjylland, I doubt they'd let him go.

Interestingly enough, kaba has already had 3 clubs during 2019 (Elche, Dijon and Midtjylland) and I don't think he scored for Dijon or Midtjylland, but I do agree he looks a good player.