Joe Aribo - A signing of great significance

Good article with really solid analysis, so hat's off for that. Aribo looks to be one hell of a player who can really help us unlock stubborn defences. He's got plenty of room to grow and develop at Rangers and being mentored by the likes of Gerrard and McAllister ought to be any central midfielder's dream. Here's hoping he continues to do the business for us.

7 minutes ago, Briton said:

£300,000? That's daylight robbery.

We took advantage of the cross border rules on youth development to get him a lot cheaper than his true worth.  That's why Bowyer et al were so annoyed.

I believe he's on a substantial wage with respect to his value and, if he continues the standard he's contributed so far, then we should be able to make a decent wedge on him.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

We took advantage of the cross border rules on youth development to get his a lot cheaper than his true worth.  That's why Bowyer et al were so annoyed.

I believe he's on a substantial wage with respect to his value and, if he continues the standard he's contributed so far, then we should be able to make a decent wedge on him.

Yes I understand the reason we got him so cheap. I noticed yesterday that another ex-Charlton manager (Powell) was having a pop at Rangers/Scottish football saying Aribo should not have come here.  

Really good piece!!!  I note his successful tackles per game but I wonder what his interceptions rate is.  He does tackle, but on so many more occasions he seems to just nip in and intercept the ball to start our attacks.  I've noticed that he actually steps off his man to entice the pass, only to step in and take it off his toes.  He's clearly thinking about this and shows an awareness that's evident in the top players.  I don't think there's any doubt that we will enjoy watching him this season.  I only hope the lure of Champions League football is enough to keep him for next season too because I expect a number of hefty bids for this boy next summer.

Edited by Gaffer