Joe Aribo - A signing of great significance

I think Aribo will be one of our best players this season. He’s an all round midfielder, great in possession, good in the final third and very good at regaining possession.

Interestingly although we play him on the left of the 3 I actually think he can look more menacing when on the right. When on the right he almost plays like an inside winger and looks like he can take his man on or play a one-two to get by him. I’d like to see more of him there. 

8 hours ago, pete said:

Does anyone know where the two pager is with Aribo and Barker ticked off?

Am I the only one that spotted Celtic have spelled Aribo's name wrong in their transfer dossier. They must have gone chasing another "Arribo" and left the real one to us.

"Tierney - staying" is the one that cracks me up. How did that one work out?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Tierney - staying" is the one that cracks me up. How did that one work out?

To be fair I’d say it worked it pretty well for them. £25m (apparently) for a guy who only made 19 league starts last season due to a hip injury. Played a blinder if they got that. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

To be fair I’d say it worked it pretty well for them. £25m (apparently) for a guy who only made 19 league starts last season due to a hip injury. Played a blinder if they got that. 

I doubt it will be a straight 25 mill. It probably will be appearance bonded. something like 15 mill.   50 games 10mill \ 100 games 10mill

I think Aribo is the most exciting signing and part of that is a permanent one and brings something different. Ojo is going to be great on the eye but in 10 months he could be back at Anfield with a 7 million pound price tag meaning we wouldnt see him again like Kent.

On 16/08/2019 at 12:03, Gaffer said:

Really good piece!!!  I note his successful tackles per game but I wonder what his interceptions rate is.  He does tackle, but on so many more occasions he seems to just nip in and intercept the ball to start our attacks.  I've noticed that he actually steps off his man to entice the pass, only to step in and take it off his toes.  He's clearly thinking about this and shows an awareness that's evident in the top players.  I don't think there's any doubt that we will enjoy watching him this season.  I only hope the lure of Champions League football is enough to keep him for next season too because I expect a number of hefty bids for this boy next summer.

Didn’t think to include this whilst writing it but he averaged 0.89 interceptions per game and regained the ball from team pressing 3.31 times per game last season, which is what we’ve all seen him do for Rangers regularly.  

5 hours ago, Cameron Crawford said:

Didn’t think to include this whilst writing it but he averaged 0.89 interceptions per game and regained the ball from team pressing 3.31 times per game last season, which is what we’ve all seen him do for Rangers regularly.  

He’s brilliant at winning the ball back and almost never loses it. Must be a nightmare to play against. I think I’d like to see him play on the right a wee bit more though as he can be a bit less predictable in possession.