Rugby World Cup

With the warmups underway and the RWC only a month away it’s time we had this topic up and running. 

Im sitting listening to Scotland being dismantled by France in Nice, while watching a replay of Nz dismantling Oz at Eden Park. Things are looking less than promising for Scotland if rumours are to be believed of poor preparations. 

7 minutes ago, compo said:

Ireland  , Japan,  Russia and Samoa it's a tough group .

Unless Ireland have a big off-day, they'll be too strong for Scotland. Japan is the big worry on home soil. Some of their recent results have been worrying for us - beating Italy, Georgia, Russia, Fiji, Tonga and the USA. They also drew with France in Paris.

Ireland should qualify easily.  Will Scotland be able to beat Japan and Samoa?

All Blacks faltering? Hope not. I don’t want the English cuddies to win it nor really the Welsh. Never hear the end of it.

1 hour ago, Gribz said:

Cant believe thats 4 years already. Scotland were robbed then by Australia.

NZ should cruise it but the Welsh will have a shout.

Robbed by the ref. The Australians were innocent.

Hope you’re right about New Zealand.

On 19/08/2019 at 14:58, Bill said:

Pound for pound, New Zealand must be the greatest sporting nation on Earth. 

Only in cricket and rugby, they are fairly shit at anything else! But for a country of such a small size and stuck away on the arse of the planet, I concede they have done brilliantly to be right up there in even 2 sports.

Our own wee nation of a similar population can’t claim anything similar outside of the Murray bros.

48 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Only in cricket and rugby, they are fairly shit at anything else! But for a country of such a small size and stuck away on the arse of the planet, I concede they have done brilliantly to be right up there in even 2 sports.

Our own wee nation of a similar population can’t claim anything similar outside of the Murray bros.

I'm struggling to think of anything they're "shit" at. They're also netball world champions, holders of the Americas Cup, rugby league world champs, rugby sevens world champs, God knows how many types of bowls - for a country of less than 5 million I'd say that's pretty amazing.