Rugby World Cup

9 hours ago, Gribz said:

Oh well, a ton down the drain. Silly bet.

Quarter finals will be good though. Im getting my French Cap on after having an outside bet on them at 33/1.

Bill - are you happy Scotland are out?

The faint heart never won the fair maiden , good luck .

Townsend took over from Cotter at a time the team was finally showing signs of emerging from years in the shadows. After a couple of years standing still we've started to go backwards again. The sad conclusion has to be that Townsend was a mistake. He's added nothing. I'd have Cotter back in a heartbeat but there are plenty of better coaches out there than the current one.

23 hours ago, compo said:

England are so superior in every department. 

Their defence is very strong, they play a high line and seem to have numbers everywhere.

France playing awesome and should be further ahead. How they were 33/1 at the start I'll never know, it if was every worth an each way bet this was!

Reckon I jinxed that at half time then!

But the French only themselves to blame - didnt take their chances when it was 15 v 15, missing two conversions (only needed one in the end) but getting a man sent off turned the game and allowed Wales to comeback.