Josh McPake targeted by Ireland as Scotland face fight for winger

Not many Rangers players have represented Scotland for some time now, but I think that’s largely down to where we’ve been. The longer Scotland are MIA from the major finals the less interest they get from our support too. 

Hopefully, with us on the way back, we’ll start to see more Rangers players in the Scotland squad. If that can coincide with a better quality Scotland team due to players like Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, Fraser et al all playing well to a high standard in the EPL and you fly talent coming through like Gilmour- I think we’ll emerge from the dark ages and we will support again/more or at least admit to it! 

For that reason Josh should consider his options carefully. 

In our heyday, Scotland appeared regularly at tournament finals for the ritual act of failure, occasionally elevating this to full blown humiliation, much like Celtic in the Champions League. Since then we’ve had the decency to restrict our embarrassment to the countries in our qualifying group, which is surely the sort of progress the SFA so richly deserves, occupied as it is with a domestic agenda against its largest member club.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I find it bizarre that some of our support want one of our best young Scottish prospects to play for the Republic of Ireland ?

Who for example? I haven’t seen anyone asking for that. 

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Who for example? I haven’t seen anyone asking for that. 

Scroll up, cooponthewing did. ian1964 didn't quite say that but said at least he won't get booed and might play in a major competition and most other comments are indifferent. I don't get the indifference, I don't want any Scottish Rangers players picking Ireland.