Josh McPake targeted by Ireland as Scotland face fight for winger

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Scroll up, cooponthewing did. ian1964 didn't quite say that but said at least he won't get booed and might play in a major competition and most other comments are indifferent. I don't get the indifference, I don't want any Scottish Rangers players picking Ireland.

I don't want him to play for ROI, International football is of no interest to me, it will be up to the young lad who he wants to play for, I just want him to succeed with Rangers.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Scroll up, cooponthewing did. ian1964 didn't quite say that but said at least he won't get booed and might play in a major competition and most other comments are indifferent. I don't get the indifference, I don't want any Scottish Rangers players picking Ireland.

I don’t think that’s what Coop said at all but, really, what young player would want anything to do with the SFA mess when an alternative was available. The Scotland football team isn’t Scotland. 

8 hours ago, DMAA said:

I find it bizarre that some of our support want one of our best young Scottish prospects to play for the Republic of Ireland ?

I don't know if I'm worse though because I just don't even care.  If I'm being honest with myself, I wish I did care more about the national team and I'd really like to think that one day it would have meaning, but for now I have absolutely no interest or emotion attached to it.  The only reason I look at any international reports is to make sure none of our players are injured.

I can't even think why this has happened.  When I was younger I did follow Scotland and got caught up in the emotion of internationals, friendly or otherwise.  I had a few bad experiences and maybe that is what turned me against it.  I've stood and listened to Scotland fans boo Rangers players which was too difficult to accept for me, but I don't know if that was the biggest reason or just one of many.  Maybe it's the SFA, or the miserable performances.  I just don't know.

Maybe I just like watching a better standard of football than Scotland can offer because I did enjoy watching England in the last World Cup, and I go to see Spain play too.

However, I do feel my position has changed slightly this season since Clarke went there.  His "bye bye Rangers" comment just makes me want him to fail which is quite sad I suppose, and perhaps petty, but I can't and don't want to change the way I feel for now.

Steve Clarke of course. But really, who cares? Football only means Rangers to me. If Rangers didn't exist I wouldn't watch another game of football, ever. Rugby, cricket and tennis are far more entertaining sports and still largely unspoilt by the whining and cheating that characterises football.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I don’t think that’s what Coop said at all but, really, what young player would want anything to do with the SFA mess when an alternative was available. The Scotland football team isn’t Scotland. 

He has said it explicitly, and you are now suggesting he should choose ROI too. I just don’t get why any Rangers fan would want one of their best young players to represent them via a loose connection. Indifference to the national team is understandable but I don’t understand indifference to this decision, never mind leaning towards the boy choosing Ireland. 

23 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He has said it explicitly, and you are now suggesting he should choose ROI too. I just don’t get why any Rangers fan would want one of their best young players to represent them via a loose connection. Indifference to the national team is understandable but I don’t understand indifference to this decision, never mind leaning towards the boy choosing Ireland. 

You’re taking this too seriously.