Separate Entity FC fans rage at Rangers ticket prices

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Why are we all so confident now?

Celtic have had one bad result, their home match in Europe against the Romanian champions, having had a pretty decent result in the first leg. Other than that they've won their two league matches with ease and gone through in a sticky cup tie against a side in the league below them. 

I don't think Lennon is anything like as capable a manager as Rodgers, and he's managing Rodgers side so there will be more than a few players he doesn't fancy or who don't fancy him. But, he's still an experienced manager and they've still got some dangerous players. They'll still win against just about every other side in the league. I think this is our best chance to win the league in a decade but all this talk of being out of sight by Christmas and hoping Lennon is still in charge in January is giving me the fear. 

It makes no sense to be afraid. Whether fans think we will win or lose will have absolutely no effect on the outcome. Whether we happen to be confident or pessimistic will make no difference to which team finishes top. The universe doesn’t care. File it with superstition, sky wizards and Harry Potter.

I'm a wee bit superstitious, especially when it comes to clothing.  If I wear a t-shirt to a match and we lose, it's rare I'll ever wear it to Ibrox again.

I'm never terribly confident going into matches against that lot and I think over-confidence often causes severe disappointment.

7 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Oh Bill, how naive you are. The universe does care and it will punish you. There is a reason I touch the top of the exit door every time when I leave Ibrox, why my Dad always has Extra Strong Mints and must offer them to whoever is sitting beside him, why I'll only wear my white bar scarf to games, none of the others I own, why I won't listen to Radio Scotland for an Old Firm commentary but will listen to Five Live, why we have to park in the Science Centre car park for mid week games even though they changed the parking payment and it's a pain in the arse now. There's a reason why Rangers players who score on their debuts don't have good careers with us, why we should never bring an old player back and why we should always wear black socks with red tops. 

If someone can provide me with documented, tested, peer reviewed evidence that none of those things plays any part in the result and my ongoing peace of mind I'll ignore them and continue doing them anyway. Because they'd be wrong!!!! 

Football and superstition are intrinsically linked. There is nothing rational about football support, it's all emotion, it's all feelings and highs and lows and delirium and despair. So don't you bastards go jinxing it with your over confidence, because that's the worse jinx of all. The universe cares and it's watching all the time! 

And that's why George Young was called Corky

Seems I'm sharing this forum with some very strange people. ? Gonzo is convinced his T-shirts are controlling the results of football games ? while JohnMc seems to have such a complex set of psychoses there has to be some justification for just sedating him on match days ?? 

spacer.png

Edited by Bill

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Can you prove otherwise?  :coolio:

Did Neil Armstrong walk on the moon?

Does gravity exist in a vacuum?

The proof that your T-shirt is an imposter was laid bare for all to see when last you entered the score predictor league ?

Edited by Bill