[FT] Legia 0 - 0 Rangers

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

Enjoyed the manager (and Steven Davis') reaction to the Morelos stuff but the team will need to keep the heid tonight under a lot of pressure from the hosts and their fans.

Best way to do that is absorb any pressure and hit on the counter like we did in Denmark two weeks ago.  If we're as clinical in attack and remain solid at the back, we'll progress.

One of the Polish journalists was a bit cheeky, asking Gerrard if Morelos needs psychological help. Stevie of course simply ignored that. And I expect the Pole picked that up from the Scottish media.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I hope Kamara plays well (if played). I really like him but he has been rather casual at times this season and I fear from the grumbles I've heard he could be quickly promoted as an easy whipping boy for some fans 

I agree.  He needs a good performance, but will he be given the chance tonight?  Going by his recent outings I wouldn't play him in this game.

He just doesn't seem to be focussed at the moment.  I don't know if he needs a cuddle or a kick up the backside, but hopefully our management team can get him back on track.

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I fear from the grumbles I've heard he could be quickly promoted as an easy whipping boy for some fans

Some players are untouchable to our fans and others are one mistake away from not being good enough. Fans aren't the most objective with this kind of thing.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

One of the Polish journalists was a bit cheeky, asking Gerrard if Morelos needs psychological help. Stevie of course simply ignored that. And I expect the Pole picked that up from the Scottish media.

He never ignored it.  He skirted round it with a response that suited himself - he handled it very well indeed, but he didn't ignore the question.

43 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I agree.  He needs a good performance, but will he be given the chance tonight?  Going by his recent outings I wouldn't play him in this game.

He just doesn't seem to be focussed at the moment.  I don't know if he needs a cuddle or a kick up the backside, but hopefully our management team can get him back on track.

Makes far more sense to me that we go with Davis, Jack and Aribo.

Legia Warsaw legend dismisses Rangers’ threat as Roman Kosecki boasts 'they’re not Real Madrid'

The former Poland and Atletico Madrid striker says his old club have nothing to fear in the Europa League showdown.

Poland legend Roman Kosecki has told Rangers they have nothing in their locker to scare Legia Warsaw.

Steven Gerrard ’s men stand just 180 minutes from the Europa League group stage but must first dispose of the Ekstraklasa side in the first leg tonight before next Thursday’s return.

Rangers are favourites to make the groups for the second successive season but Kosecki sees no reason why.

The former striker played for Legia in two spells during the 1980s and 90s over a career that also saw him star for Galatasaray and Atletico Madrid.

And he has backed his old club to take care of Rangers just as they did Celtic in 2014, although the Poles were later chucked out of the Champions League due to an admin error.

Kosecki, 53, said: "Rangers recently played in the fourth division while Legia have never fallen so low. "Let's also remember Warsaw players recently defeated Celtic on the pitch. Sure, Rangers are led by Steven Gerrard, but he doesn't play.

"There is really nothing to be afraid of. We’re not playing Barcelona or Real Madrid, but Rangers. I remember how we played in my time, like an equal with Barcelona or Manchester. When I left, the guys beat Sampdoria.

"From what I have seen, Gerrard is a bit afraid of Legia's stable defence.

"Of course, I am aware bookmakers are backing the Scots but I believe in our club.

"I hope our attackers will eventually start scoring, and then a lot can happen.

"We should not tremble in front of Rangers. After all, we are not talking about an extraterrestrial side."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/legia-warsaw-legend-dismisses-rangers-18984968

Rangers have played opposition from most European countries but we definitely haven’t played an extra terrestrial side before either ?

However these games are always tough. We could dominate & still come back 3-0 down (AEK in 94) so I will bite yet hand off for a score draw tonight!