[FT] Legia 0 - 0 Rangers

10 hours ago, 917 said:

Was that one not offside anyway?

No, that was a different, though similar chance, 5-10mins earlier.  Morelos was well onside with this one and only a good save from their keeper stopped us scoring.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I thought they both helped each other out at times.  They work well together.

Exactly. 

I really don't understand this bizarre need to try and make out one is someone the saviour of the other.  Other than one or two mistakes each, they both played well again and ensured a clean sheet.

I too fell some players look shattered, and should subbed, from time to time. But, then again, I do appreciate the need to keep that intensity in the side; these guys are switched on, whereas a player being subbed in would take a while to get up to speed. 

I did think Arfield looked knackered against Midtjylland last week, and I said he should be subbed, then he proceeds to run the length of the pitch and score!

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I too fell some players look shattered, and should subbed, from time to time. But, then again, I do appreciate the need to keep that intensity in the side; these guys are switched on, whereas a player being subbed in would take a while to get up to speed. 

I did think Arfield looked knackered against Midtjylland last week, and I said he should be subbed, then he proceeds to run the length of the pitch and score!

Yeah, I was thinking same last night.  

I think the nature of the game was why the manager didn't make subs around the 60-70 mark.  basically the match had become fairly open and was being played at quite a pace.  With that in mind, it might have taken a sub 5-10mins to get up with that intensity so it was somewhat of a risk to bring someone on when it was perhaps easier for us to sit a bit deeper and avoid box-to-box play which was clearly taking its toll on a few players.

On the other hand, perhaps someone like Jones might have enabled us to get forward more and be more of a threat ourselves.  That was the twist and the manager decided to stick for now which is probably fair enough.  

9 minutes ago, compo said:

Would have been nice to get an away goal , we will need to be on our toes at Ibrox .

This tie is far from over.

Atrimtos also got a 0-0 draw in Warsaw last round but got beat 2-0 by legia at home in the second leg.

I thought legia were better than we were led to believe. We’ll need to improve if we’re to get to the group stages again

We're also a better team than the Greeks and a rocking Ibrox could well ignite the tie in our favour.

Last night we were a bit too conservative at times on the ball.  I'd expect that to change at home and we'll also press them higher up the pitch.