[FT] Legia 0 - 0 Rangers

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I actually thought this was his best performance in a Rangers shirt. Some of his out side of the foot passes were sublime, you could see them curl round the Legia players. @Bill you've defended Jack all the way and you've been vindicated, it seems like he's finally not the whipping boy any more. 

Sadly, someone else will quickly be found to fill that role.

Jack isn't the only success in our team but I felt it was evident from half way through last season that he was the real deal. Let's just hope he can keep up this level of performance.

Just now, Bill said:

Sadly, someone else will quickly be found to fill that role.

Jack isn't the only success in our team but I felt it was evident from half way through last season that he was the real deal. Let's just hope he can keep up this level of performance.

It's clear he is enjoying playing alongside proper passers of the ball like Davis, Aribo and Kamara.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Because certain people think Goldson is some kind of god and sit waiting to pounce on Katic for making a mistake even if he is not the perpetrator of the mistake. Goldson makes a huge mistake almost every game. I am not talking about a small mistake I am talking about a "What the F*** are you doing" mistake. A lot of people don't seem to want to see that, but if Katic farts they are on his back. Thankfully there are a lot who agree with me and it is becoming more and more obvious. Katic is the best defender we have at the moment and Gerrard made a big mistake last season dropping him for Worrel.

I think Katic is a better player than Goldson. However you are highlighting any mistake Goldson makes just to prove a point, your point that you think Katic is better than Goldson!.

I like both of them and they play well together, it's a team game and each player has a duty to help out his team mates.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

It's clear he is enjoying playing alongside proper passers of the ball like Davis, Aribo and Kamara.

That's a very good point and might have much to do with his emergence as a key player. I think when he first arrived he was trying (having) to do too much. The arrival of Kamara and Davis clearly allowed him to play his own game more.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

We have a very strong bank of midfielders, I would always have Kamara in my team, however I would also play Jack every time he is available, we all know every player can't play every game but it has to be good for us going forward we have such strong competition for midfield.

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

We have a very strong bank of midfielders, I would always have Kamara in my team, however I would also play Jack every time he is available, we all know every player can't play every game but it has to be good for us going forward we have such strong competition for midfield.

At this level everyone is capable of turning in a great performance but if I was the manager I'd be looking for players I can trust to do it on a routine basis and in my opinion that is what's marking out Jack at the moment.

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It's a very strong position for us. Better yet they are at good ages, one experienced player at 34, and then Jack is 27, Kamara just turning 24 and Aribo 23. It's quite a turnaround for us to have so much quality in that position and to own the players,

1 minute ago, Bill said:

At this level everyone is capable of turning in a great performance but if I was the manager I'd be looking for players I can trust to do it on a routine basis and in my opinion that is what's marking out Jack at the moment.

I can't think when I last seen Jack have a poor game! he deserves all the plaudits he gets for his consistency, he loves playing for Rangers and is showing it.