[FT] Legia 0 - 0 Rangers

23 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I think Katic is a better player than Goldson. However you are highlighting any mistake Goldson makes just to prove a point, your point that you think Katic is better than Goldson!.

I like both of them and they play well together, it's a team game and each player has a duty to help out his team mates.

Probably but I  started because of the agenda against Katic. I can never be sure but I believe if we had stuck with Katic last season we would have been mighty close to winning the league. Worrel certainly never helped our chances. I just hope Gerrard doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Just now, pete said:

Probably but I  started because of the agenda against Katic. I can never be sure but I believe if we had stuck with Katic last season we would have been mighty close to winning the league. Worrel certainly never helped our chances. I just hope Gerrard doesn't make the same mistake twice.

Rubbish - you've been blabbering on about Goldson being a bombscare for as long as I can remember and right through the summer at least.  And there's no-one with an agenda against Katic to the same extent you have about our vice-captain... :D

As for the Katic and Worrall argument, Niko was taken out of the team this time last year as he's still a young lad and had a couple of niggling injuries as well as family issues.  It was decent management from Gerrard to take care with the lad and I'd argue we're benefiting from it now.

Worrall also, by and large, did fairly well for most of his appearances and had a few very decent games.  Yes, the Killie mistake in a key match last January is what he'll be remembered most for and that was unforgivable but it's unfair to suggest he was responsible for us not winning anything or that bringing Katic back earlier would have changed that.

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Rubbish - you've been blabbering on about Goldson being a bombscare for as long as I can remember and right through the summer at least.  And there's no-one with an agenda against Katic to the same extent you have about our vice-captain... :D

As for the Katic and Worrall argument, Niko was taken out of the team this time last year as he's still a young lad and had a couple of niggling injuries as well as family issues.  It was decent management from Gerrard to take care with the lad and I'd argue we're benefiting from it now.

Worrall also, by and large, did fairly well for most of his appearances and had a few very decent games.  Yes, the Killie mistake in a key match last January is what he'll be remembered most for and that was unforgivable but it's unfair to suggest he was responsible for us not winning anything or that bringing Katic back earlier would have changed that.

Only because he is a bombscare.:D

2 hours ago, pete said:

Because certain people think Goldson is some kind of god and sit waiting to pounce on Katic for making a mistake even if he is not the perpetrator of the mistake. Goldson makes a huge mistake almost every game. I am not talking about a small mistake I am talking about a "What the F*** are you doing" mistake. A lot of people don't seem to want to see that, but if Katic farts they are on his back. Thankfully there are a lot who agree with me and it is becoming more and more obvious. Katic is the best defender we have at the moment and Gerrard made a big mistake last season dropping him for Worrel.

I cannot believe we paid £5m for Helander with no intention of playing him as a first pick. Add in the fact that SG emphasised the fact he is a left-footer and you would have to think that Katic and Helander will be our first choice pairing before too long. Maybe SG is just waiting for an opportunity - like injury to Goldson - to try it out.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

I cannot believe we paid £5m for Helander with no intention of playing him as a first pick. Add in the fact that SG emphasised the fact he is a left-footer and you would have to think that Katic and Helander will be our first choice pairing before too long. Maybe SG is just waiting for an opportunity - like injury to Goldson - to try it out.

I certainly hope it is not through an injury, I just hope Helander is better and we are stepping up a level.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

It's clear he is enjoying playing alongside proper passers of the ball like Davis, Aribo and Kamara.

If I remember correctly, Jack played most of his games for Aberdeen at right back and was even put there in a Scotland friendly v Canada. If Tav is unavailable for any reason Jack may be a better replacement than Polster. In midfield the only thing lacking is maybe a few more goals.

I think we should be happy with our centre backs ... and those waiting in the wings for their chance. A couple of seasons ago we couldn’t defend a corner, now we look relatively solid and getting better all the time. I think be far the best thing we can do is to get off their backs and stop the needless criticism. 

Just now, Bill said:

I think we should be happy with our centre backs ... and those waiting in the wings for their chance. A couple of seasons ago we couldn’t defend a corner, now we look relatively solid and getting better all the time. I think be far the best thing we can do is to get off their backs and stop the needless criticism. 

And debate about how shit the SNP are.:D