GERS Denial and the Annual Desperation

4 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

This blog is written and managed by Richard Murphy on behalf of Tax Research LLP.

Tax Research can be contacted at:

33 Kingsley Walk
Ely
Cambridgeshire
CB6 3BZ

+44 (0) 777 552 1797

richard.murphy[at]taxresearch.org.uk

Sources of funding

From 1 November 2016 I am employed 3.5 days a week as Professor of Practice in International Political Economy at City, University of London. I am principally engaged by them to undertake research on the European tax gap, country-by-country reporting, BEPS implementation and related issues as part of a multi-university Horizon 2020 project funded by the European Union.

My remaining activities not now taken over by this project are funded by the Friends Provident Foundation, which is a Quaker trust wholly unrelated now to the company that provided its name.

City, University of London is now close to concluding another grant agreement with the European Research Council for another grant looking at the impact of tax on corporate structuring. If this process is concluded as expected by the end of the year it is anticipated that I will become a full time employee of the university and my other funding would then cease as all the projects I am currently engaged on would either then be covered by my employment or will continue voluntarily and unfunded, as this blog has always been.

My only other expected sources of income then arising would be royalties from book sales, any fees paid as a director of Cambridge Econometrics, occasional research fees (such as that I undertake for the Local Authority Pension Fund Forum) and appearance fees for media companies, which are usually modest.

Although I retain a practicing certificate from the Institute of Chartered Accountant in England and Wales my fee income as a chartered accountant is now virtually non-existent, and there are no plans that it should increase.

You do realise that as a CV, that's as laughable as you're likely to find. ?

You can search the internet to find someone promoting anything, however crazy. What do YOU think of the GERS numbers and if you don't think they represent reality then what does? And if you don't have any original thoughts, perhaps you could set out the SNP's income and spending vision post-independence. If you can't then on what basis are you criticising GERS?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

You do realise that as a CV, that's as laughable as you're likely to find. ?

You can search the internet to find someone promoting anything, however crazy. What do YOU think of the GERS numbers and if you don't think they represent reality then what does? And if you don't have any original thoughts, perhaps you could set out the SNP's income and spending vision post-independence. If you can't then on what basis are you criticising GERS?

Let me think this through, listen to your bile or quote a chartered accountant. It’s the latter for me.

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

Let me think this through, listen to your bile or quote a chartered accountant. It’s the latter for me.

Blah blah blah. Let me repeat....

What do YOU think of the GERS numbers and if you don't think they represent reality then what does? And if you don't have any original thoughts, perhaps you could set out the SNP's income and spending vision post-independence. If you can't then on what basis are you criticising GERS?

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Blah blah blah. Let me repeat....

What do YOU think of the GERS numbers and if you don't think they represent reality then what does? And if you don't have any original thoughts, perhaps you could set out the SNP's income and spending vision post-independence. If you can't then on what basis are you criticising GERS?

How about you providing the proof to your assertion on sovereignty, I did ask at least 3 times but as usual just deflection from you. Do that and I’ll give my views on GERS. although I believe a chartered accountant may know more than me.

Just now, BEARGER said:

How about you providing the proof to your assertion on sovereignty, I did ask at least 3 times but as usual just deflection from you. Do that and I’ll give my views on GERS. although I believe a chartered accountant may know more than me.

Predictable - but still funny

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

That Chartered Accountant offered absolutely ZERO by way of alternate figures to the official figures provided by the SNP-ran Scottish government.

His "insight" isn't very insightful.

Full disclosure: My username contains the letters G, E, R and S.  The very same letters that constitute the acronym used to refer to this annual report. If you remove those letters then you are left with r, a, n, y, n, t, a and x.

But what does this all mean?

Nothing.

Just like BEARGER's posts on this topic.

35 minutes ago, craig said:

That Chartered Accountant offered absolutely ZERO by way of alternate figures to the official figures provided by the SNP-ran Scottish government.

His "insight" isn't very insightful.

Have a look at his blog if interested. Guy has been interviewed on MSM a few times regarding his views.