GERS Denial and the Annual Desperation

5 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

absolutely. If Scotland is 53% of the deficit and wales deficit is bigger than outs you get over 100% of the deficit before you even get to NI

The one of my main points. Why do Tories south of the border fight so hard to keep us? The would be £B’s better off without us, if the GERS figures are correct. They want us for a reason.

15 hours ago, BEARGER said:

GERS is a set of regional accounts for Scotland as part of the UK and not a set of accounts for Scotland as a independent nation. As far as I can see amounts are attributed to Scotland assuming an independent Scotland would spend the same e.g. Trident, Defence, Embassies & consulates, HS2, London Cross Rail, interest on UK debt etc.
The GERS figures show that 8.3% of the UK population are responsible for over 50% of the UK deficit, if that is true it shows you how badly our economy is being damaged by Westminster. Why do the Tories fight so hard to keep us? It cannot be for economic or political reasons, they are doing a disservice to the people of England who would be £12B to the good if we left. They wish to keep us for a reason and it’s not philanthropic. 

C

Crossrail is in there as a positive not negative. It incurred Barnet consequential and no cost to Scotland. trident is 180 mil a year. uk debt is our debt as Michael Stewart points out and we would get a share of that on independence. Hs2 has cost a sum total of 700 million so far over the years. 

As for defense embassies and consulates. That is only likely to cost more. 

Your half truths may be ok for the internet and indoctrinated but the SNP will have to explain these properly.  

1 minute ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Totally agree. Any right minded Rangers supporter would take this view. I still can't get my head around that there are some Rangers fans who talk up the SNP on here. 

I talk up Independence. The figures quoted are Government statistics Edinburgh and Westminster, they make no sense in why they want to keep us.

1 minute ago, BEARGER said:

I talk up Independence. The figures quoted are Government statistics Edinburgh and Westminster, they make no sense in why they want to keep us.

I think anyone talking up independence will certainly not get Unionism and therefore it would not make sense to you. 

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Crossrail is in there as a positive not negative. It incurred Barnet consequential and no cost to Scotland. trident is 180 mil a year. uk debt is our debt as Michael Stewart points out and we would get a share of that on independence. Hs2 has cost a sum total of 700 million so far over the years. 

As for defense embassies and consulates. That is only likely to cost more. 

Your half truths may be ok for the internet and indoctrinated but the SNP will have to explain these properly.  

No offence but you figures are nonsense e.g. HS2 has cos £7.4B already. Estimate was £32.7B now £55.6 and rising, some say to £90B.

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

The SNP has always adopted a lazy approach to independence. They've no appetite for presenting the facts and appear totally unwilling to offer a coherent economic plan for life post-independence. That being the case, we have a situation where the SNP cannot explain themselves properly without holing themselves below the waterline.

No one should be so dogmatic as to dismiss independence as a general proposition but there's good independence, bad independence and the independence of deceit implicit in the SNP's leap in the dark. Every nationalist with an ounce of integrity and who genuinely cares about Scotland should be hounding this SNP regime out the door.

Just now, BEARGER said:

Once we have Independence we elect our government of whatever colour. It does not mean SNP in perpetuity. 

Sorry, but it will be too late to change anything then.