Having Rangers TV issues? Check link in this and match threads...

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Mine's worked fine.  From what I gather, a lot of the problems stemmed from people waiting until after 18:30 to log in.

I was one of the ones who didn't log in until 18:40, had to use the other link provided but it was fine after that for me

20 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Mine's worked fine.  From what I gather, a lot of the problems stemmed from people waiting until after 18:30 to log in.

I have an unlimited subscription that is supposed to allow me universal access to watch live games. I pay good money for it, in advance. What I expect, not unreasonably, is to be able to access that service when I want. Also, as I've said in an email to RTV, if there is a delay to my flight the airline sends me a text to tell me so - why can't Rangers do the same, instead of hoping I happen to be looking at Twitter at the time.

In any case, the problem wasn't just logging in to RTV. I couldn't access the Rangers.co.uk website until three quarters of the way through the match. This isn't a customer problem. It's a problem for RTV to sort out once and for all. Either crawl cap in hand to the BBC or make the investment necessary to deliver the service they offer and accept money for.

Edited by Bill

There's something wrong with the platform if people can't access it when they like.  And at several hundred pounds a year for some subscribers, it's not unreasonable to expect it to work.

Obviously the tech we have available still can't cope with demand but one would think the extra monies received from this season in particular would allow us to purchase better servers.

There's no question about it, it should work and you can't expect everyone to know to check Twitter or fans forums when it doesn't. After playing in Europe last season and having got a good gauge of what demand would be like there's no excuse for not being prepared. As Bill says, even a text or email to tell you in advance there will be two links due to the unusual demand would be an acceptable compromise.

I haven’t bought a match on Rangers TV since we beat Elgin 6-2 back in division 3. It didn’t crash under the weight of demand that day either, despite Kevin Kyle starting..