Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

You can sing about yourself and support yourself all you want. 

You can't sing about others. It's pretty simple. Celtic fans play the game and skirt the rules and laws. 

We just shout fuck the pope like a bunch of morons and ****** this and fuck Bobby sands that.

Then we act all hard done too when they get away with it and we don't.

They are more sleekit, time we wised up instead of acting like we are victims to some conspiracy when our actions are moronic 

I've argued strongly against the singing of TBB on here before but it's hard to get away from the fact that this punishment seems excessive, not least given our neighbours have never had this type of punishment. I hate to engage in "whataboutery" but surely Celtic will receive a similar punishment for throwing missiles at opposition players in the Cluj game? Surely player safety trumps hurt feelings of people not at the game?

17 minutes ago, compo said:

So what's the answer if it's one section of one stand do the board rescind every season ticket and fill it with supporters from the waiting list  no doubt the green brigade will be gloating and flying their politically charged banners we just cant win .

Comparing ourselves with what they do is half the problem.

Instead of pointing at them and saying "what about them" the smart thing to do would be to clean up our own act and, once done, THEN point at them and show them for what they are.

We aren't politically smart as a fanbase.

7 minutes ago, craig said:

Comparing ourselves with what they do is half the problem.

Instead of pointing at them and saying "what about them" the smart thing to do would be to clean up our own act and, once done, THEN point at them and show them for what they are.

We aren't politically smart as a fanbase.

Will the SFA or SPFL order the same sanctions if the fans sing the Billy boys or anything else that offends  , you can bet your boots that all the Rangers hating media will now be watching us like a hawk and one thing is certain is our fans will give them what they want. 

29 minutes ago, compo said:

Will the SFA or SPFL order the same sanctions if the fans sing the Billy boys or anything else that offends  , you can bet your boots that all the Rangers hating media will now be watching us like a hawk and one thing is certain is our fans will give them what they want. 

The club should pre empty this, and take the opportunity to refuse away tickets. We need to look after ourselves, and our own self interest.

I agree with TB on Club1872, they should focus everything they have on them in the east. However, we need to sort this shit out. The buckfast brigade need to wrap it or stay away. It’s simple DON’T sing anything with F@nian in it! That’s it, that’s all. Then we can look at fighting on other fronts.

UEFA Statement

RANGERS has been ordered by UEFA to close a section of Ibrox Stadium for the return leg of the club’s Europa League play-off tie against Legia Warsaw on Thursday, August 29.

UEFA has ruled that a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on July 18.

Our supporters have been asked repeatedly by the Club to refrain from indulging in this, and other forms of unacceptable behaviour. Sadly, the warnings have fallen on deaf ears and the actions of this minority will cause the Club and the majority of good and decent Rangers supporters to pay a heavy penalty.

UEFA has ruled that a section, or sections containing no fewer than 3000 seats must be shut off during the club’s next European match, which is the home match against Legia Warsaw. The area, or areas to be closed will be announced in due course and the Club will do its best to restrict the impact to offending supporters.

Unfortunately a significant number of supporters, innocent of any wrong doing, will be unable to attend next week’s match. This is deeply regrettable to all at the Club and we hope that the guilty parties, who attracted the attention of UEFA might reflect on the damage their unacceptable behaviour is causing Rangers and their fellow supporters.

If any individual supporter is unable to behave in a civilised manner then please stay away from Ibrox and our Club. You are harming Rangers and that is something a genuine supporter would never wish to do.

Rangers chairman Dave King stated: “Rangers is a club open to all and we will continue to convey this message at every opportunity through our Everyone Anyone initiative.

“Rangers has players and supporters from many religions, cultures and backgrounds but we are one and the same when we gather to support our club. If any supporter cannot accept that then Rangers is not the club for them”.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/uefa-statement/

I posted last week about this and of course was told “I did not hear anything”. Only one poster backed up what I said. I’ll repeat it, there are some in our support who don't care what damage they do. The club are to blame for putting up with FTP and the Vatican etc. And we all know who starts these songs, wee clue they sit in Broomloan Front nearest main stand.   

Just seen statement from club, very very poor. They have allowed this to happen. That section should have been given a final warning weeks ago and shut down after last week.

Edited by BEARGER

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Apparently it relates to something that occurred during the home leg against St Joseph's.

I can't recall naughty songs being sung that night?

And nobody was arrested for 'sectarian singing.' When I saw the beeb headline I assumed it was Legia being punished for throwing missiles at our players. I don't know how in that din anyone could hear anything. The club should appeal in some way. We have launched the 'anyone, everyone' campaign. What more do they want?

6 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

And nobody was arrested for 'sectarian singing.' When I saw the beeb headline I assumed it was Legia being punished for throwing missiles at our players. I don't know how in that din anyone could hear anything. The club should appeal in some way. We have launched the 'anyone, everyone' campaign. What more do they want?

The closure isn't to do with last night's game but the game at Ibrox against St Joseph's.