Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

No, and I am not condoning the singing, in fact I am totally against singing these song only because we are not allowed to, I am saying for instance in the last game v Separate Entity FC the whole stadium was singing the same songs and the away fans are worse for singing these songs. I was genuinely wondering what section would be shut down! it's not as if that section is the only ones responsible! again I am not trying to defend them.

What matters is who was singing the songs at the game on question. It was fairly obvious to most at the stadium which area that was. It was the same at the last Euro game at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

No, and I am not condoning the singing, in fact I am totally against singing these song only because we are not allowed to, I am saying for instance in the last game v Separate Entity FC the whole stadium was singing the same songs and the away fans are worse for singing these songs. I was genuinely wondering what section would be shut down! it's not as if that section is the only ones responsible! again I am not trying to defend them.

Come on now Ian you're not that obtuse that you didn't know exactly where would be shut and exactly why.

Edited by forlanssister

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Quote from Mark Dingwall at FF on the Garry O’Hagen bit,

“Several threads mentioned Garry O'Hagen, the Kilmarnock chief executive, as being "the guy who reported us to UEFA" as he was match delegate at the St Jospeh's game.

A couple of points.

1/ He was not the UEFA match delegate - that was a Norwegian.

2/ O'Hagen was there as he was there to observe what being a match delegate involves as he is training to be one.

3/ The info on which the complain was made was gathered by a member of FARE and passed to the match delegate.

We can have our views about O'Hagen's suitability to become a delegate but let's keep things factual.”

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's great to see so many among us wishing to be so wilfully compliant with Piara Powar's completely impartial FARE organisation. 

FARE isn't impartial, everyone already knows that but it is what it is. Accepting all the unfairness and all the cards that are stacked against us by some of the most devious bastards ever to draw breath, what would you propose we do?

As I see it we have two choices. We can whine and complain, dig our heels in and pretend we have a moral right to do so, in which case the hammer will continue to fall on Rangers. Or we can find new words to new songs, new swords to wield and new causes to pursue, in which case we might just avoid some of the worst of their arrows. 

If the support was lined up before you and you had to tell them what to do, what would you say? And after you'd told them how unfair it all was, what then?

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It's great to see so many among us wishing to be so wilfully compliant with Piara Powar's completely impartial FARE organisation. 

It's sad to see some among us ignore the best interests of the club just to retain their freedom of expressions - we now know what will happen with a further occurrence - anyone singing banned songs or words we know shouldn't be sung, can't really profess to love the club when their actions could result in significant loss of revenue, can they ?

We know FARE aren't impartial - but continuing to sing such songs in defiance hurts the whole of Rangers - shareholders, Board, management, players and staff.  Is it really worth it ?  Or would it be better to clean up our act and then shine the light on other behaviours that should be punished ?

We really are stupid as a support at times.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

If we sing it again it’s a home game behind closed doors and a few hundred thousand pounds gone so what do you actually propose?