Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

Nonsense. I don’t need to list all Rangers songs that do not have sectarian or political bias do I? Maybe you just don’t know any. 

There is a habit of a lot of fans to add FTP or something to traditional Rangers songs. As for when Humza Yousef attended a match, I’m sure I read that on here, though oddly enough can’t find any google links to it now..

Ajax were threatened with a stand closure back in 2013-2014 for using the f word so there is a precedent. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/in-full/ajax-fined-21-000-for-banner-at-celtic-match-1-3185707

Now we can sit and argue all day about the impartiality of FARE or whether we feel certain songs should or should not be found offensive. 

The fact of the matter is - it is now 2019 and these types of songs have no place in a football stadium. In fact I would go as far to say that these types of songs have no place in society anymore. 

No one should care about who won a battle hundreds of years ago. We have enough problems in the world in the present so why should we fixate so much on the past?

Now is the time for change, if we don't we risk losing everything we have fought for since 2012.

#everyoneanyone

47 minutes ago, 917 said:

There is a habit of a lot of fans to add FTP or something to traditional Rangers songs. As for when Humza Yousef attended a match, I’m sure I read that on here, though oddly enough can’t find any google links to it now..

A bright spark would have checked before posting.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Apparently the next step will be complete stadium closure.

People need to stop making excuses and cut this crap out.

Just seen a good idea somewhere else. The club decide euro games are ST only, that way they know who is in what seat. If I’m honest the only idiots I usually see are ones you don’t see most weeks. No offence to anyone with that remark btw.

Edited by cooponthewing

The bottom line is the people who sing these songs don’t care what anyone thinks - let alone anyone on a message board.  They will sing what they want regardless.

It’s difficult to know how to combat it.  

Edited by Unicorn

To be honest Ibrox is possibly the only ground in European football where spontaneous singing still actually happens. All singing will have to be banned now. You don’t hear singing at grounds like Old Trafford, Arsenal & Chelsea but these teams still do OK.