Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

5 hours ago, 917 said:

To be honest Ibrox is possibly the only ground in European football where spontaneous singing still actually happens. All singing will have to be banned now. You don’t hear singing at grounds like Old Trafford, Arsenal & Chelsea but these teams still do OK.

You are at it.

I feel for the innocent fans who could possibly miss out if they dont get relocated. They could still occur travel costs if coming from a distance.

Im wondering how does the club relocate fans if its already a sell out? Or am I mistaken that this wasnt already a Sell out? 

I think the thing UEFA normal do is issue closures for the following European Match which hasnt been arranged - that still hits the club with no income of the 3000 seats but in this case some fans are paying for others actions. Perhaps UEFA think there is a chance that the next European Match at Ibrox could be up to a year away. 

A week before a home OF derby as well means all domestic authority eyes will be switched on ten fold.

26 minutes ago, Gribz said:

I feel for the innocent fans who could possibly miss out if they dont get relocated.

It's not a possibility.

It's an absolute certainty.

We can't relocate any fans if we have to play a closed doors match either.

Given the same people were singing the same songs in Warsaw I guess we can assume the next level of punishment is already in the pipeline.

Until and unless this is sorted out I would recommend accepting no away tickets, either in domestic or European games. This is surely the only way the club can try to dissociate itself from the morons. It's beyond clear now that this isn't going away without being enforced and, regrettably, at Ibrox there needs to be draconian action against those who continue to spoil things for the rest of us. We need properly trained stewards or club representatives seated appropriately among selected parts of the support with a view to expelling/excluding enough troublemakers to make a permanent difference. I'd also get rid of the whole BF1 "singing section" at the next ST allocation and redistribute them across the stadium.

11 hours ago, 917 said:

Not sure what you mean, but this sort of collective punishment is an affront to human rights

So what? It’s not Rangers’ job to deal with that and why would they when it’s over songs they’ve explicitly asked the fans to stop singing in the strongest terms for years and years and the “fans” ignore the clubs pleas

To suggest the club “fight this” is madness, although I see you backtracked in your reply. Given Ajax got done for using “fen1an” in a banner the precedent is on he books and has nothing to do with being “anti-Rangers”. 

My initial response to this thread was surprise that it’s such a big punishment when other sides we know of haven’t had this but I probably shouldn’t have encouraged deflection of any kind

Edited by DMAA

7 hours ago, Unicorn said:

The bottom line is the people who sing these songs don’t care what anyone thinks - let alone anyone on a message board.  They will sing what they want regardless.

It’s difficult to know how to combat it.  

Drown them out - perhaps we need help from the clubs tannoy.... penny arcade, blue sea of ibrox, other songs that don’t have alternative lyrics - not as loud as the club blast them out just before kick off - but enough to lead and encourage the support to sing. This should 1. Drown out the sectarian singing of and when required  2. Lift the atmosphere when it’s flat - if people are adhering to the clubs plea - we appreciate that will affect the atmosphere negatively

in away games, well I have no solution other than don’t take any tickets until we think we’ve learned. 

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

Given the same people were singing the same songs in Warsaw I guess we can assume the next level of punishment is already in the pipeline.

Until and unless this is sorted out I would recommend accepting no away tickets, either in domestic or European games. This is surely the only way the club can try to dissociate itself from the morons. It's beyond clear now that this isn't going away without being enforced and, regrettably, at Ibrox there needs to be draconian action against those who continue to spoil things for the rest of us. We need properly trained stewards or club representatives seated appropriately among selected parts of the support with a view to expelling/excluding enough troublemakers to make a permanent difference. I'd also get rid of the whole BF1 "singing section" at the next ST allocation and redistribute them across the stadium.

Agree with the sentiment but would stop short of disbanding the union bears. I think when you have an organised group of season ticket holders you’ve actually got an excellent opportunity to hold people accountable and the UBs are in a unique position to control what is sung a lot of the time and only promote the whitlelisted songs. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Agree with the sentiment but would stop short of disbanding the union bears. I think when you have an organised group of season ticket holders you’ve actually got an excellent opportunity to hold people accountable and the UBs are in a unique position to control what is sung a lot of the time and only promote the whitlelisted songs. 

Not ‘unique’ position - but unique amongst fans admittedly. 

Can’t see poacher turn gatekeeper though.