Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

2 minutes ago, 917 said:

but I think the daft young Bears aren’t going to behave

Agreed which in my view not only makes them a liability the club can't afford but not legitimate fans in the full sense of the word. Legitimate fans put the interests of the club ahead of their own personal preferences when it comes to behaviour at games. These people clearly don't put the club first.

That being the case they simply have to go if the club is ever going to reach previous heights. It's up to the club to decide how that is to be accomplished but it must be accomplished swiftly or we could lose badly needed millions of pounds in revenue. It could even cost us our manager who may ultimately decide he can't be linked to such activities.

23 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Agreed which in my view not only makes them a liability the club can't afford but not legitimate fans in the full sense of the word. Legitimate fans put the interests of the club ahead of their own personal preferences when it comes to behaviour at games. These people clearly don't put the club first.

That being the case they simply have to go if the club is ever going to reach previous heights. It's up to the club to decide how that is to be accomplished but it must be accomplished swiftly or we could lose badly needed millions of pounds in revenue. It could even cost us our manager who may ultimately decide he can't be linked to such activities.

These fans don’t have to go, they have to grow up. It is part of becoming an adult to realise that just because you don’t like the rules of something doesn’t mean you can get away with breaking the rules. Or at least don’t video yourself breaking said laws & post it on social media! It just isn’t worth the punishment. I realise not all adults do grow up, but we have to start somewhere. 

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

Regardless of what I'm saying? :S

Yes regardless of what you are saying!

There is a concerted campaign to make competing in European tournaments difficult for Rangers dating back as far as 2011 when two supposed neutral observers reported to UEFA on behalf of FARE. Neither of those reporters were neutral and there is a contention that what they said happened actually happened at all.

Rangers fans singing sectarian songs and FARE reporting Rangers fans is NOT mutually exclusive!

31 minutes ago, 917 said:

These fans don’t have to go, they have to grow up. It is part of becoming an adult to realise that just because you don’t like the rules of something doesn’t mean you can get away with breaking the rules. Or at least don’t video yourself breaking said laws & post it on social media! It just isn’t worth the punishment. I realise not all adults do grow up, but we have to start somewhere. 

We appear to have earlier agreed that there is a segment who will simply not comply in which case they have to go or see the club lose millions in revenue and perhaps access to European competition. And the period of trying to reason with them has passed. UEFA clearly mean business this time.

There is no leeway left. They either comply or be permanently ejected. As far as I can see that's the somewhere we have to start at now.

27 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Yes regardless of what you are saying!

There is a concerted campaign to make competing in European tournaments difficult for Rangers dating back as far as 2011 when two supposed neutral observers reported to UEFA on behalf of FARE. Neither of those reporters were neutral and there is a contention that what they said happened actually happened at all.

Rangers fans singing sectarian songs and FARE reporting Rangers fans is NOT mutually exclusive!

If you you're referencing the singing of No Pope Of Rome in Eindhoven then I can categorically assure you it absolutely happened and UEFA duely presented Rangers with a video of the match sans commentary but with the isolated audio direct from the microphone at the Rangers end, but hey pretend away that it's all a conspiracy.

We can deal with FARE later but we need to deal with our songbook now.

We really need to stop doing our enemies work for them eh?

Now is the time for the club to come out and provide a definitive list of offensive songs. 

Fans seem to have very different interpretations of what is acceptable. 

I would like to see songs prompted on the big screen to encourage fans to support the team in the right way. 

19 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

If you you're referencing the singing of No Pope Of Rome in Eindhoven then I can categorically assure you it absolutely happened and UEFA duely presented Rangers with a video of the match sans commentary but with the isolated audio direct from the microphone at the Rangers end, but hey pretend away that it's all a conspiracy.

We can deal with FARE later but we need to deal with our songbook now.

We really need to stop doing our enemies work for them eh?

I agree with FS here, but I also believe it’s a stitch up. It’s no coincidence that Liewell has just been appointed on a four man euro working group at UEFA. We need to get our house in order, but UEFA are stitching us up. That is so clear it’s right in front of us. They gave us no time to rectify a charge, before the same charge is again levelled against us? That’s may be correct in their rules, but it’s out with any parameter of fair play, and stinks of coercion and skullduggery behind the scenes.

Edited by cooponthewing

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

FARE are not going to stop until we are kicked out of Europe, I'm not even convinced that they won't report us again even if there are no "offensive songs " sung!!!

Hence my point above. 

Some fans seem to think that by sticking to sungs such as Derrys Walls or Build my Gallows that there will be no repercussions - I am not sure FARE, Uefa or the club feel the same. 

11 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Hence my point above. 

Some fans seem to think that by sticking to sungs such as Derrys Walls or Build my Gallows that there will be no repercussions - I am not sure FARE, Uefa or the club feel the same. 

Derry’s walls was defined by a judge as “cultural” I think (someone will tell me?). However, I completely understand your point. I personally think the time has come to take UEFA to court. Chances are we will be out before Xmas, and may be out tomorrow. Take UEFA and FARE to court and call out the corruption. If they are colluding to expel us anyway, then get the lawyers involved and let them exclude us for that instead.

I’m not condoning the singing as that has to stop. However, there appears to be coercion, and perhaps insidious or more obvious forms of corruption, going on between organisations involved. We are being stitched up and it’s needs calling out.

Edited by cooponthewing