Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The Rangers fans should fund a lawyer to go after FARE get them exposed 

That would leave the club in the clear but they would find a way to expel us. I would rather we took control and said “we are taking you to court, so exclude us while we sue your alleged corrupt arse!”

Edited by cooponthewing

I would just say like to point out that if they expel us (I would rather we just said we are taking you to court) then we can focus on the league. The SFA/SPL will not find it as easy going after us, as the other lot can’t hide as easily.

I consider myself as a moderate, and mostly not extreme in any way (unless I’m at the wind up?) but I have had enough. Take them to court and be done with it. They are attempting to blacken our name costing us financially. Therefore, grab it by the balls and take them to court. Get on top of it, and their corruption. We are dealing  with our issues, it seems UEFA are intent on prejudicially attacking us in collusion with others. 

I just don’t trust some of our fans to keep quiet? I am also of the opinion they will stop at nothing now. Although the songs need to stop (and have stopped on Sunday) this is a witch hunt. I would rather we took the initiative and fought these corrupt gits!

Edited by cooponthewing

6 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Now is the time for the club to come out and provide a definitive list of offensive songs. 

Fans seem to have very different interpretations of what is acceptable. 

A good bit of this is wilful ignorance. Any Rangers fan who’s older than 20-25 should know that even the tune of TBB is banned in Europe yet you have massive threads on FF about how to change the words. I agree though that Rangers’ lawyers should go through our songbook one by one with someone at UEFA and post the blacklisted songs through all official channels so that there is less opportunity for ignorance. I’d be shocked if we got done for any grey area songs though, we’re loading their gun by singing about the pope and fen1ans. 

I can't imagine that UEFA are conspiring against us.  They don't care about us at all in fact, just like they care nothing for most of the teams outside of the main 5/6 countries.  They rely on FARE to do a job which then creates the perception that UEFA are serious about tackling racism etc in football.  It is FARE that is clearly biased.  Having said that, we should take this opportunity to stop using certain language and songs.  They are divisive, unnecessary and damaging to the reputation of our club.  I see no need to tackle anyone on this except ourselves.  We have a problem and it needs to be sorted so I hope that all of our fans behave from now on like sensible adults and keep our brand safe.  If they can't, just stay away.

6 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

I consider myself as a moderate, and mostly not extreme in any way (unless I’m at the wind up?) but I have had enough. Take them to court and be done with it. They are attempting to blacken our name costing us financially. Therefore, grab it by the balls and take them to court.

You're talking about fans who sing sectarian songs, right?

Anything else would be a waste of time and a distraction right now.

10 minutes ago, Frankie said:

There's no need for proscribed songs.

Just don't sing about fen!ans, the pope or the IRA.  No idea why anyone would when they are there to support Rangers anyway.  

Are songs like Derry’s walls not possibly in breach of rules?

Just now, DMAA said:

Are songs like Derry’s walls not possibly in breach of rules?

It hasn't been previously.  Things change of course but if we're going to be punished for DW then that will leave almost every similar song open to same which I doubt UEFA want.