Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

55 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Eh no, I was referring to UEFA and their Kangaroo court. They way they run their affairs would never stand up. It only takes a legal challenge of their rules to stop that. 

No right if appeal, selective punishment, employment of organisations with pre-existing agendas and grievances etc, we could go on. The perfect scenario is a wealthy or wealthy group of supporters? If the club do it UEFA have to exclude us, as per their rules. They are trying to expel us anyway so to heck with it.

Again for the record, I totally agree with the sectarian shit having to stop. Let’s not confuse the issues; our house needs to get itself in order and the songs have to stop. However, I would like someone or a collective group to drag UEFA through the courts?

A fool and his money are easily parted.  Remember the legal challenge to the transfer ban?  If I remember correctly we defeated the S.F.A. in court and they imposed the ban anyway.

Afraid to say that if you dwell on challenging U.E.F.A. and F.A.R.E. then you are confusing issues.  It can wait.

45 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Going round in circles here! we all know the songs are banned & should not be sung, we all know some fans need to wise up, however what Rangers song will be next on the banned list? it has been explained clearly the sectarian bigoted anti Rangers group FARE are targeting Rangers, and have been for a long time now. It's far from simple. It is however a starting point.

FARE need to be targeted for their anti Rangers stance.

Fare are targeting Rangers because we are walking round with a huge target on our backs. We are making it simple for them to target us. Celtic were called out about the Lee Rigby song and I believe people were arrested for singing that so it is not totally one sided. I have no idea about Celtic songs or Irish freedom songs. In fact I only hear about them on Rangers websites.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Going round in circles here! we all know the songs are banned & should not be sung, we all know some fans need to wise up, however what Rangers song will be next on the banned list? it has been explained clearly the sectarian bigoted anti Rangers group FARE are targeting Rangers, and have been for a long time now. It's far from simple. It is however a starting point.

FARE need to be targeted for their anti Rangers stance.

I think it's pretty obvious which songs/words cause a problem.

You might want to look at the replies posted from the supporter liaison officer's twitter account though.  See here: https://twitter.com/RangersFCSLO

Club 1872 would like to echo the message from Rangers regarding the damaging charges from UEFA both in relation to the St Josephs match at Ibrox and the recent game in Poland against Legia Warsaw.

It is clear that UEFA has taken a decision to class sectarian singing in the same bracket as racism and as a result has a clear and rapidly escalating framework of punishments for any club charged with such offences. This means that we will quickly arrive at the point where Ibrox may be closed for a home European tie if outbreaks of sporadic sectarian singing continue. This will not only effect tens of thousands of our own supporters but also the management team and players, who would have to operate in such circumstances. This is particularly frustrating as the atmosphere generated at European games at Ibrox this season has been largely free of such sectarian songs.

To be absolutely clear, songs, words and terms classed as sectarian by UEFA include ‘The Billy Boys’, any reference to “F*****s” or any pejorative terms about Catholics or the Pope. The charges do not relate only to one song but to anything in the brackets above, including add ons to otherwise inoffensive songs.

We share some of the concerns over the lack of transparency, accountability and consistency in the operations of FARE. However, those concerns cannot be properly addressed while we are in a position where FARE can provide UEFA with video evidence of sectarian singing involving even a small number of Rangers supporters, as was the case in Warsaw.

Club 1872 fully supports Rangers’ Everyone Anyone campaign. It is absolutely clear in the discussions that we have had in the past few weeks and months that the club will not tolerate sectarian behaviour. We will continue to work with them to ensure that there is constructive and meaningful engagement with supporters on this issue going forward.

Every single Rangers supporter must now take responsibility for promoting a positive image of our club and support. Ibrox is one of the most impressive arenas in European football when it is full and noisy. We have a host of ways to generate that unique atmosphere without reverting to songs which will see the club sanctioned. Let’s get Ibrox rocking on Thursday night and roar our team into the groups stages of the Europa League.

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-statement-on-uefa-charges/

Edited by ranger_syntax

One of the admins on FF says that Rangers were informed on the evening of the St Joseph's game we were being reported, but were not informed of the punishment until 5pm on the night of the Legia game, giving the club no time to warn fans. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but that is very bad form from UEFA. 

9 minutes ago, DMAA said:

One of the admins on FF says that Rangers were informed on the evening of the St Joseph's game we were being reported, but were not informed of the punishment until 5pm on the night of the Legia game, giving the club no time to warn fans. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but that is very bad form from UEFA. 

Even though the fans were guilty the club should challenge this one.