Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

Rangers are not facing possible sanctions from UEFA over sectarian behaviour in the Europa League clash in Denmark.

The Daily Record and other media outlets published a story that was written by a freelancer who stated European football’s governing body are investigating racism from Rangers supporters during the 4-2 win at Midtjylland.

In this article the author claimed he had been informed the Ibrox club were facing a third UEFA charge.

Rangers had already been punished for sectarian chanting during the home victory against St Joseph’s back in July.

They also have been sanctioned for supporters misbehaving in the 0-0 draw at Legia Warsaw last week.

But UEFA are unaware of a further probe into misconduct during the game against Midtjylland.

Show more

The reporter who submitted this story to ourselves and which was used by other media organisations will no longer write for the Daily Record .

The inaccurate article has been taken down and we apologise for it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/correction-daily-record-story-published-19037479.amp?__twitter_impression=true

8 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Well well, what to make of this?? Could the ‘freelancer’ be anything to with Hollicom?? That mob are losing credibility if they are, between this & the ‘Hammarby infiltration’ nonsense. Rangers should demand to know who the lying freelancer is.

4 minutes ago, 917 said:

Well well, what to make of this?? Could the ‘freelancer’ be anything to with Hollicom?? That mob are losing credibility if they are, between this & the ‘Hammarby infiltration’ nonsense. Rangers should demand to know who the lying freelancer is.

It was Lindsay Herron - an ex employee of..... Rangers....

2 minutes ago, craig said:

If that's so it isn't that bad of a result in all honesty.

Yes, although as the ‘offence’ was at an away game I think an away ban would have been more ‘appropriate.’

I do think we should close a different section this time though. Can’t blame this charge on the UBs. Also the club should drop the self-imposed travel ban for the 1st game.

3 minutes ago, 917 said:

Yes, although as the ‘offence’ was at an away game I think an away ban would have been more ‘appropriate.’

I do think we should close a different section this time though. Can’t blame this charge on the UBs. Also the club should drop the self-imposed travel ban for the 1st game.

You could get round it by no public sale for that home game, I think? A few folk need to move but that’s it.

Edited by cooponthewing