Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

8 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

From where I sit in the Sandy Jardine Stand there is no doubt the F***k Bobby Sands,and other sh*t emanates from the UB section and is painful to hear.They sing Blue Sea of Ibrox but add on God Save the Queen,WHY? + other songs with add-ons.

Time they shed their nappies and grew up.

The club should monitor that part of the ground and if these songs are confirmed to come from there then close that part of the ground for 4 games. If it continues, rescind all STs and replace from the waiting list. Some innocent people will suffer, so what. Big picture time. 

Edited by Bill

18 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

From where I sit in the Sandy Jardine Stand there is no doubt the F***k Bobby Sands,and other sh*t emanates from the UB section and is painful to hear.They sing Blue Sea of Ibrox but add on God Save the Queen,WHY? + other songs with add-ons.

Time they shed their nappies and grew up.

I think we have to make a distinction between the stuff that gets us in trouble (TBB,  NPOR, when I was young, We are Rangers) and the stuff we don't like  (Bobby Sands, add-ons to BSOI).

You're not going to get buy-in to the former if you bring the latter into it. It needs to be kept as simple as possible at this point. 

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

The usual suspects among opposition followers like sheep hubs etc are obsessing on orange away strips. So what’s next? Offensive colors?

What does an orange shirt matter to a sheep, one wonders?

53 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Yes very true. I thought (possibly wrongly) that the UB were in dialogue with the club on frequent basis. But you’re correct, also proves my view that they see themselves as special.

That’s what they said in their statement - and yes although the club shouldn’t necessarily have to address the songbook with them personally - it might have made a difference if they had. (For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever)

Edited by weebluedevil

46 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Hubris and arrogance that'll do the trick eh?

Don't be surprised if we reach the group stages to be playing behind closed doors.

Its a certainty if we get through, though we were probably well on the way in 2011. I have some sympathy with the UBs, although I agree with the club’s action. I think the club could & should have nipped this in the bud with the UBs a couple of years ago, when the UVF songs started to creep in to their repertoire. But maybe the board had other priorities. Maybe they rather stupidly thought this issue had gone away.  A lot of fans in other sections respond to whatever the UBs are singing, as they are basically the club’s authorised singing section. Also a fair point about the marketing & visuals. It does seem almost like the club encouraged this group to flourish just so they would have a scapegoat to be sacrificed & offered up if this scenario ever happened. A bit like how celtic use the green brigade.

However the club have now taken the correct action but should have been taken earlier to prevent this. The arrogant tone of the UB statement annoys me, but doesn’t surprise me. They seem like mostly daft and naive wee boys who take themselves too seriously. As we all were once!

22 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

That’s what they said in their statement - and yes although the club shouldn’t necessarily have to address the songbook with them personally - it might have made a difference if they had. (For the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever)

Clearly the UBs have been crossing a line the last couple of years. In theory the club “shouldn’t have to address the songbook” but anybody with ears knew the songbook did need addressed, so it should have been!! I doubt Dave King has a clue what the UBs are singing, as he only visits Scotland about 4 times a year. But he should have been kept informed! Has he been??

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

The Union Bears describe themselves as a scapegoat.  That is to say that they are taking the blame on the behalf of others.

Did they not sing anything F.A.R.E. would report them for?

I don't think that they are being clear about that.

That aside I don't think that it is a good statement to make.  I don't think that they really even hint at any concern about further punishments.  That worries me.