Ongoing issues with UEFA (two sanctions and counting)

15 minutes ago, 917 said:

Its a certainty if we get through, though we were probably well on the way in 2011. I have some sympathy with the UBs, although I agree with the club’s action. I think the club could & should have nipped this in the bud with the UBs a couple of years ago, when the UVF songs started to creep in to their repertoire. But maybe the board had other priorities. Maybe they rather stupidly thought this issue had gone away.  A lot of fans in other sections respond to whatever the UBs are singing, as they are basically the club’s authorised singing section. Also a fair point about the marketing & visuals. It does seem almost like the club encouraged this group to flourish just so they would have a scapegoat to be sacrificed & offered up if this scenario ever happened. A bit like how celtic use the green brigade.

However the club have now taken the correct action but should have been taken earlier to prevent this. The arrogant tone of the UB statement annoys me, but doesn’t surprise me. They seem like mostly daft and naive wee boys who take themselves too seriously. As we all were once!

No idea why you think U.V.F. songs are getting the club in trouble.

Reckon if I went through all your posts in this thread I would find each one deviating from reality in a similar way.

Go and read the supporter liaison officer's tweets to understand what really gets us in trouble.

49 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Who, apart from BEARGER, is bothered by that?

It was me obviously who posted that as far as I can see that is an add-on which serves no purpose as many of the add-ons do similarly.

I can see no reason for these actions and have no objections to the songs otherwise.

As I see it singing or adding on "God save the Queen" is just another way the UB's show anti catholic behaviour as historically there can be no Catholic ascension to the throne..

Can this section just not sing songs like "Follow Follow/Hello Hello how do you do or even if necessary "The sash my Father wore"".I believe the last mentioned was proven in court to be a "folk song" similar to the Fields of Athenry.

There are no reasons whatsoever to have song decrying the Pope/Vatican etc.

17 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

It was me obviously who posted that as far as I can see that is an add-on which serves no purpose as many of the add-ons do similarly.

I can see no reason for these actions and have no objections to the songs otherwise.

As I see it singing or adding on "God save the Queen" is just another way the UB's show anti catholic behaviour as historically there can be no Catholic ascension to the throne..

Can this section just not sing songs like "Follow Follow/Hello Hello how do you do or even if necessary "The sash my Father wore"".I believe the last mentioned was proven in court to be a "folk song" similar to the Fields of Athenry.

There are no reasons whatsoever to have song decrying the Pope/Vatican etc.

You are thinking too much and reaching the same conclusion as one who thinks too little.

The UB statement is typically childlike and shallow. They wallow in self-pity and blame everyone except themselves. The clear implication seems to be "we're special, why is no one rushing to say so?"

My view is that if this is how they approach this issue we'd be better off without them. I won't miss them or their songs.

3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

The UB statement is exactly what I expected  from them. No remorse far less an apology from a group who think their the most important thing on match days. One other point if it s correct, the club have never spoken to them about the song sheet. That’s a dereliction of duty by our board.

Agree with most mate but the dog in the street knows that FARE are looking for ****** and Pope used in derogatory terms. Everyone knows BF1 kick off these songs. It is disingenuous of UB and anyone else to act confused and dismayed. It’s pathetic that they plead ignorance. A lot of time, effort and money from fans and directors has gone into saving our club over last 10 years and primarily it is directors money and guarantees has kept our club afloat. The UB like all fans have contributed but they now have a choice, bin the sectarian cr*p or go elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

The UB statement is typically childlike and shallow. They wallow in self-pity and blame everyone except themselves. The clear implication seems to be "we're special, why is no one rushing to say so?"

My view is that if this is how they approach this issue we'd be better off without them. I won't miss them or their songs.

...................the statement they should have made was an apology for embarrassing the club and jeopardising  our EL chances. They were caught red handed and they offer their child like attempts to blame everyone else. 

41 minutes ago, craig said:

As are you with Aberdeen :ninja:

Hardly. I despise them but it doesn't occupy me on a daily basis. But, in saying that, Sunday September 28th i'm looking for them to be soundly thrashed and humiliated. Which will all be the fault of that 'hun' McInnes for not 'having a go'

I so dearly wish he would have a go but he knows as well as I do what would happen if they actually tried to play football against Rangers at Ibrox this season.