Sign in to follow this  
stewarty

Boris to suspend parliament

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

How awful to see applause return to the house of commons today.

Riff raff are everywhere.

Events in parliament today seem to confirm this is the day that Brexit died ... not officially but certainly effectively. The remainers in collusion with the EU have won, as they were always going to win after May's disastrous general election. You'd almost think she planned that outcome. I feel genuinely sad to see the UK, my country, being led inexorably into a federal European superstate. I feel acutely disappointed at the loss but more so that it's being done for the benefit of a few elite bastards and endorsed so enthusiastically by a witless and shallow generation that thinks Love Island is the pinnacle of our nation's achievements. All we need now is for the SNP to get their way and the party really will be over. 

I don't think Brexit is dead.

The moment of truth will come in a General Election, and it now looks increasingly likely we're going to get one.

Lets post the same thing again.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Who is gullible enough to vote for Emily and her Labour party colleagues?!

What a clown. The Labour Party and the SNP seem to be cornering the market for the most odious morons in public life. Don't these people ever look in a mirror or watch their own performances.

I've not watched that clip, so I don't know what she said.

But the Labour position does have a degree of sense to it.  They are a party who claim to be a party of remain, they think that negotiating a deal that minimises the impact on people,jobs, the economy, etc, is sensible, thus respecting the outcome of the referendum.  But given how much more information and understanding we have about what Brexit would mean, they are arguing that the people should ratify that outcome to ensure that what we are getting is actually what people want.

Hard brexiters clearly see that as a trap by remainers to pull the plug on article 50, which I understand.  But it is a logical and democratic position that Labour are adopting.