[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Legia (Morelos 90+1)

26 minutes ago, rbr said:

Legia have only conceded 1 goal in the qualifiers and are out , that’s how tough this game was 

Shite going forward though. That being said, Katic was outstanding & I now think we actually signed Helander as his long term replacement. Because Niko is heading south for £10million in a couple of years!

That was as tense a game as I remember but the atmosphere at the end was something else.  Hats off to Katic, Jack and Davis.  They carried us to the line and Alfie took us over.  I remember Souness talking about getting the spine of the team right and that was what won him the title in 87.  If we can keep these players and keep them fit they can do it.

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Maybe I’m the only one but bar a couple of decisions I think this ref is the best we’ve had in Europe since we’ve been back. Yes he’s given a couple but there have been plenty he hasn’t given that other European refs would have given in a heartbeat, and he actually let the game flow too and kept his cards in his pocket. 

Maybe you need to watch the match again! it's good to see a ref trying to let the game flow, however he was hopeless in his decisions!

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

The smoke pretty much completely engulfed the pitch. Can only imagine what it was like closer to the source.

I sit in BR2 and you basically couldn’t see Allan McGregor’s goal at the time. Had no idea the ref stopped the game. Luckily nobody panicked, but if that had been an English PL ground folk would have been tripping over their half n half scarves in the ensuing stampede..

1 minute ago, 917 said:

I sit in BR2 and you basically couldn’t see Allan McGregor’s goal at the time. Had no idea the ref stopped the game. Luckily nobody panicked, but if that had been an English PL ground folk would have been tripping over their half n half scarves in the ensuing stampede..

I was watching online. There was a point I couldn't see the pitch at all or anything on it.  

It is clear that JJ is our best option on the left wing, Ojo is a great prospect but he is still young and learning his trade, whereas JJ is a more experienced player & an international player and for me just edges it for a start, now considering I wasn't too excited about him signing I'm always delighted to be proved wrong by the players' performance, and JJ is certainly proving me wrong, so far!

27 minutes ago, craig said:

Did you watch them all entering and know they never checked anyone ?

Well Craig, I’m presuming if they had, even the Scot squad could pick out around a dozen smoke bombs, and a banner the size of a yachts sail?.

So no, I’m going on the evidence from my eyes, and say they did not bother there arse. If they did, I would want to know how they then missed said pyrotechnics, and sailing gear?? There a disgrace, a national shambles!?

Edited by cooponthewing