[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Legia (Morelos 90+1)

24 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

They will get a UEFA charge for it for sure though. 

I personally am just loving boric being there for it. 

As will Celtic. But at least the fine will have been worth it for Legia, they saved their flares for when the game was at its most tense and their team were under the cosh, it almost got them back in the game. The wee boys in the Celtic end were so excited to look like ultras that they just couldn’t wait so set them all off before kick off :laugh2:

Celts last night claimed around 350 away fans were infiltrated by hooligans from AIK's bitter rivals Hammarby.

Cops wielding batons clashed with supporters as they sought out the ringleaders at half-time in last night's second leg.

Several fans suffered minor injuries and the clashes look certain to be reported back to Uefa by the match delegate.

Under tough strict liability rules, the flashpoints could lead to Uefa charges for the Scottish champions - who won the tie 6-1 on aggregate.

Always cheated never defeated!

6 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm trying not get carried away but I can't remember the last time we had such a long unbeaten run. And i'm hoping there are no meltdowns if/when a defeat comes. 

Celtic will be a different challenge to anyone we’ve faced so far though, I think they are far stronger than Legia. Consistency against lesser teams isn’t easy though as we saw even last season and what we’ve seen so far bodes very well for the season. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

It would have been a huge coincidence if the 12 people they did not search were the ones carrying the said objects. Surely if you are properly searched then there is no way you can get that stuff into the ground.

It's quite easy actually and that's the problem.

They're small and are often smuggled in inside tampon applicators which obviously presents problems for the polis as it's unlikely any females will be asked to open these.  They're also perfumed to mask the smell for the polis dugs.

Thought many of our players were poor in the first half.  Morelos and Arfield in particular.

We stepped it up in the second half though.  The goal was excellent.  A perfect cross, great movement from Morelos before a decent finish.  I was surprised by how much space he was given when I watched it back.

The atmosphere was tense throughout and the constant booming noise from the Legia support didn't help.  It was worth the wait for the release after the goal though.  What followed was great.

40 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It's quite easy actually and that's the problem.

They're small and are often smuggled in inside tampon applicators which obviously presents problems for the polis as it's unlikely any females will be asked to open these.  They're also perfumed to mask the smell for the polis dugs.

A bit risky that, especially after a few pre match vodkas.

"Now Ms Sikorski, if you would just explain to the gynaecologist..."

9 hours ago, 917 said:

I thought it looked like JP. Shows you how stupid these Uefa raps are. Do Legia fans take 50 foot Popes to other games? No, they brought it tonight hoping we would respond & get thrown out of the competition. Still, we beat them fair & square. Unlike that other mob..

I assumed it was a club hero; a former player perhaps.  Stupid attempt at a wind up that may backfire, although they're probably in trouble for stopping the game in any case.