[FT] Rangers 1 - 0 Legia (Morelos 90+1)

1 minute ago, Frankie said:

Also for those watching the match on TV/online, keep checking the RangersTV Twitter account ahead of kick off (7.45pm tonight):

https://twitter.com/RangersTV

Tonight's match is exclusively live on RangersTV. With demand expected to be high, we encourage users to purchase the game as early as possible, login will be available 1 hour before kick-off to enjoy the best experience.

Alternative match video link address: https://t.co/ZO0i42mTvq?amp=1

I couldn't watch the St Boo match on Rangers TV!!, had to use a dodgy link, through vpn, so hopefully it will be better due to the fact I won't need to ue vpn tonight.

Sadly I think this might be my last ever European match at Ibrox tonight. It is impossible to concentrate on the football when you’re on edge for 90 minutes, not worrying about the other team scoring but worrying about what the fans are going to sing! Or worrying about Rangers scoring in case the fans celebrate with the wrong song.. football is no longer enjoyable, or at least no more enjoyable than watching it on the TV, so why bother paying Uefa the money??

I would assume that we will line up in our usual 4-2-3-1, with only the midfield slots up for debate. Regarding the strikers, SG has shown a rather interesting selection in nigh every game, so predicting who will start is a 50/50 thing.

I would assume that we will go like this:

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Katic - Flanagan

Davis - Jack

Ojo - Aribo - Arfield / Jones

Morelos

Leftish midfield is probably the one slot open for speculation. As people have said, Arfield has played a lot of footie and I reckon he will either play tonight or on Sunday from the start. Jones could become vital in both games, as he is very direct, likes to take people on and having a shot himself. A line-up with Ojo, Morelos and Jones, supplied by Davis and Aribo ... yep, that would be fine. BTW, should Ojo again fail to click, I'd remove him far earlier than usual. Stewart or Defoe will sure be on stand-by. 

EDIT: Just noted that Ojo is deemed doubtful, but we shall see.

1 hour ago, 917 said:

Sadly I think this might be my last ever European match at Ibrox tonight. It is impossible to concentrate on the football when you’re on edge for 90 minutes, not worrying about the other team scoring but worrying about what the fans are going to sing! Or worrying about Rangers scoring in case the fans celebrate with the wrong song.. football is no longer enjoyable, or at least no more enjoyable than watching it on the TV, so why bother paying Uefa the money??

You forgot about the ecstasy of scoring a goal only for it to be taken off you by a marginal offside or handball somewhere in the previous play ;)

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

You see it this way, I do not. We usually have Davis/Kamara and Jack playing deep and the rest in front of them, however aligned.

We don't play with someone in the "number 10" position and the third midfielder doesn't play alongside the wide attackers.

Agree with Frankie about Arfield.

For me Id start with this. If Ojo doesnt make it then Id bring Jones in.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic Flanagan

Davis Jack Kamara

Ojo Aribo

Morelos

21 minutes ago, Gribz said:

Agree with Frankie about Arfield.

For me Id start with this. If Ojo doesnt make it then Id bring Jones in.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Katic Flanagan

Davis Jack Kamara

Ojo Aribo

Morelos

Although I agree that Aribo is excellent creatively, I think Gerrard sees him as a rock in the midfield 3 so I doubt he'll be used further forward unless we are dominating play (as per the change he made in the St Mirren game).  Having said that, Kamara was alongside him in the press conference and to date he's played his co presser from the start so you may be right.  I'd still like to see either Arfield or Jones play alongside Ojo in the front two midfield roles.