4 hours ago, Frankie said:

Would be great to have a few more preview writers to spread the load this season.  Please use the pinned thread to add your name to the list in advance of each game.

Thanks to @pete, @DMAA and @Gizmo231 for their efforts so far!  :cool:

Sorry Frankie, was actually going to do one this morning when I got up and didnt see any thread on it - but thought the OF game would have been booked by someone else. I didnt check the listings.

Has to be the most confident we have gone into an OF game in many a year. Favourites for the first time in about 8 years.

I want to see attacking going right at them from the off. Id like to fit in Jones Aribo and Ojo (if all fit) but that means one from Davis and Kamara misses out. Arfield isnt at the races but he does play well in OF games so its a tough one for Gerrard to give him the chance or leave him out.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic

Kamara Jack Aribo

Ojo Jones

Morelos

Edited by Gribz

I think we now have a starting 11 that is close to picking itself in games like these.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Flanagan

Davis  Jack Aribo

Ojo Jones

Morelos

Flanagan should get the nod due to the head knock that Barisic took on Thursday night, but I’d be inclined to start Flano on Sunday anyway for his non-nonsense defending. 

Davis has been outstanding this season and that means Kamara will have to make way.

Morelos starts - he’s on form and needs to end his duck against them and also show that his new found maturity can stand up against strong provocation. 

I expect Aribo to play.

I have doubts over Davis and Arfield due to fitness.  Kamara is playing below the level he set last season and Ojo looks to have dropped his level a little bit too.

I think that the manager will most likely go with Arfield anyway.  The midfield is a little less certain.

I think Aribo will keep his place. After thursdays performance I like the idea of Barisic playing but I probably prefer the idea of Forrest running at Flanagan than Barisic. I’d actually like Defoe to start but I don’t think it will happen and Arfield has to start alongside Jone surely. I think Jones is more suited to this one than Ojo. 

I checked out the Bauer thread on the stoke forum and the recurring theme is that he is good going forward but can’t defend. With most of their defence carrying knocks this game must be seen as a must win if we’re serious.